Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

how well protected is your evo 8 from being stolen?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2004, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think a basic alarm and have some common sense whenever you park your evo should be OK.

Remember the parts from the EVO is NOT interchangeable to any other cars (may be except the recaro and brembo which can be retrofit) like Honda/ Acura. so I think the "black market" for evo is alot smaller.

I will say the chance for a Evo being stolen is even lower than STI since sti parts can be bolt-on to all other WRX.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Well if if the crooks are able to bypass the chip, Mitsu. will pay the damages Good luck with the paperworks.
Tell you a quick story about getting even on a crook.
I was walking back to my car one night and noticed this guy trying to break into my car. He notice me coming and he played like he lock his keys in the car. I played it like it was not my car and went toward him with one of those 40,000 volts stun gun which he didn't see and I stunned him in the back of his neck and went into convulsions and push him aside and stunned him again. Hope he got brain damage!
Old Feb 9, 2004, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

^^ thats what I am talking about...****ing *****!

In Jamaica we would do a lil bit more....
Old Feb 9, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My house is set-up a little weird and my bedroom is right next to my garage, which If I do hear someone in the middle of the night, the "boom stick" will bark thunder.

Isn't that in some law to protect against yourself and your family. If someone breaks into your property you have the right to use whatever force necessary? If so look out Jehovah's witness people!

Sorry don't want to jack the thread anymore
Old Feb 9, 2004, 07:28 PM

Its already been proven that you could bypass the chip it takes time though thats why peolpe use a flatbed. ON four wheel drive cars. Usually around one hour or so to take it and figure it out only good experience ones that no how to but there are also ones who cant do it and **** up the swicht but they are going to strip the car if you dont arrive on time though. Like i said i did research talk to people all around and even people i know that are good at breakin in a car told me that they avoid alarms with clifford unless you are un easy target for using a flatbed on your car. and yes i talk to professionals that do steal and they supported what i had said, its a shame when you talk to them they have no guilt of what they do. previous post

yes but it could be bypassed. Okay just as i posted before i am also deciding on which one to choose. The best alarm so far that i had research was the clifford which happens to be the best nominated in awards not only that it has a system where if you disarm the alarm or arm it, as you know, it works with frequences, which means, codes. so if some body interested in your car, that wants to steal it, they have to be in range to capture your code receiver. The clifford alarm changes the codes everytime you arm & disarm it so that means that if somebody did capture your signal and they tried to open your car it would not work because clifford alarms changes the code into thousands possible figure combination which is cool including the immobilizer. Also you should know that having a remote starter alarm increases the chance of it being stolen due to a bypass that could be done a info that i got from a clifford and viper alarm installer and not only that, the good alarms dont carry the following features if you go with remote starter alarms just to let you know. and also hide the brain of youre alrm as it could be sniffed out.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

You can also get one of those massive steering wheel locking devices like disklok.
They will deter easy thefts.
Old Feb 10, 2004, 06:34 AM
choad

I've yet to get wheel locks??!!

Oh ****, now my wheels are gonna get stolen..

Yeah right..