Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need some modification suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1hotevo9
ok well lookin over your list the first thing i see is NO tune listed.
so
1. Tune
2. A good Exhaust Manifold
3. High Flow o2 Housing
Oh sorry I forgot to mention the tuning! My car was tuned by Devin @ Boostin Performance! They are professional, and they are also very patient to newbies like me

I wonder if it is necessary to upgrade my exhaust manifold if I stick to the stock turbo and the motor? Also, will it be too loud if I upgrade to an external dump o2 housing?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Chef-j
Port stock mani, intake mani and TB.
Where could I buy them sir? I know a performance shop, but I thought they need me to ship my stuffs to them first, and then they would ship their stuffs back to me. So inconvenient.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:54 AM

Thank you guy again!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by APEXR
Since you're not sure where you're headed the next step for me would be to get out & take some different driving classes. Sounds like you've got a pretty well rounded car, but not sure which direction to drive it. Even if you're not comfortable driving your car on a track most HPDE's will have instructors that will be glad to take you out so you can see if its something you're interested in. Just my 2 cents.
Excellent point, I totally forgot that.

+1 on driving classes, auto-x, something of that nature.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by zhang695
Where could I buy them sir? I know a performance shop, but I thought they need me to ship my stuffs to them first, and then they would ship their stuffs back to me. So inconvenient.
Im sure most of our vendor shop will do for you. They will charge you more and refund you when you send urs after you swap them out. Only web i can think of is maperformance for now.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zhang695
Thank you sir, you do help me a lot, and the lip In the first picture is exactly what I am looking for!!! Could you tell me what I could buy this lip please? I have been searching for a while, and I know there are a lot of Carbon Fiber lips for evo 9. However, my car is WW, and I need a PU lip so I can paint it!
don't know where to buy them really, but you can paint carbon fiber ones if you can't find them in poly or fiberglass. Carbon fiber can be painted over no problem.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Lower and Upper intercooler piping maybe?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

If you don't like loud... get an O2 housing, not an o2 dump. MAP performance sells one for around a hundred bucks. They also sell a short runner exhuast mani for around 500 bucks or they will port one for you. check their site.
After those, or at the same time, look into a stock frame turbo upgrade. Which turbo you get will depend on your driving style. If you like speed in a straight line a bigger turbo with more lag will be fun for you.(FP red, black, MAP EF3) If you like corners then a small less laggy turbo.( FP green, BBK FULL, MAP EF2)
Get those things, head to your tuner and be ready for over 400hp.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ported intake/exhaust manifold, lower/upper ic piping and an o2 housing with a retune should feel pretty good. It all depends on what you want.
Didn't see a down pipe on your list. Have one?

Last edited by WikdEvo; Nov 13, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

E85/Ethanol.

What state are you in and are there many/any E85 stations around? If so, I am surprised no one has mentioned this yet. I just did a dual map tune and picked up 73 hp from the tune alone over 91 octane. You have the upgraded injectors and fuel pump to do this....all you would need is the tune and availability of E85.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That's because he said he runs 27# on e85
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:36 AM

Since you're not sure where you're headed the next step for me would be to get out & take some different driving classes. Sounds like you've got a pretty well rounded car, but not sure which direction to drive it. Even if you're not comfortable driving your car on a track most HPDE's will have instructors that will be glad to take you out so you can see if its something you're interested in. Just my 2 cents.
Sorry sir I did not see you post yesterday. Yes I also want to improve my driving skill. Actually a friend of mine has already asked me to drive on the track with him several times, but I am a college student and I was busy when he asked me to go, so unfortunately I have never driven on the track before. I will definitely try to drive on a track next spring!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Chef-j
Im sure most of our vendor shop will do for you. They will charge you more and refund you when you send urs after you swap them out. Only web i can think of is maperformance for now.

Cool, I'll check maperformance's website!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by RallyBud
E85/Ethanol.

What state are you in and are there many/any E85 stations around? If so, I am surprised no one has mentioned this yet. I just did a dual map tune and picked up 73 hp from the tune alone over 91 octane. You have the upgraded injectors and fuel pump to do this....all you would need is the tune and availability of E85.
I am located in Indiana and unfortunately there is no E85 station around my small town
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Stout
Ported intake/exhaust manifold, lower/upper ic piping and an o2 housing with a retune should feel pretty good. It all depends on what you want.
Didn't see a down pipe on your list. Have one?
I think the previous owner should have had a downpipe on my car, I'll check that! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Need some modification suggestions