Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bushing Opinions PLease !

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bushing Opinions PLease !

Hi guys, I've read around on a few threads and was just wondering if shifter base / underhood bushings && rear diff/mustache bushings are worth getting and which brands ?

I have put a front MM in but i still would like to improve the drive ability of my car to be more smooth and nice to drive as well as remove clunkyness from WOT shifting. the only thing stopping me is some bad cases of extra whine noise ? i know this shouldnt seem bad for someone with cams and a front MM but some cases i've heard ppls whines really f&%king loud from 60-80mph ?

do these bushings make significant difference or is there other alternatives that i have not seen ??
anyone with personal experience who could shed some light for me would be much appreciated ! thanks guys !
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
When i replaced my rear diff bushings my car whined very loudly on the highway where it didn't do so before, however when i rebuilt the tcase 95% of the sound went away. If you have any whines/creaks then they'll be louder because all the energy is transfered to the frame instead of being dampened.

In my experience, the trans mount on most cars makes the biggest difference. Since you already have the front MM, i would say adding the engine side mount/trans mount would set you right. I have those three mounts, and i have very little if no engine movement. The rear mount is going to make your dash vibrate more, and the other three mounts do a good enough job by themselves.

If you're looking to do the rear diff bushings i would also do the mustache bar ones/ and the drive shaft bushings at the same time!

I'm sure that any brand mount would be fine, depending on your vibration tolerance (reference to bushing durometer) but i definitely recommend torque solution.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw David Buscher post a thread on solid bushings.

Can some one help me find it!?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please search, this topic has been covered numerous times. Closed.