Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ABS HELP ! code 32 13 16

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS HELP ! code 32 13 16

Hey guys, my anti lock light has been on since I bought my car, pulled the code and it flashed a 32 13 and 16.

Code 32 and 16 have me a little bit confused,

ABS-ECU power supply system (abnormal voltage drop or rise)
Acceleration sensor (longitual acceleration) circuit system

The third code is rear right wheel speed sensor, not as many questions about that one unless anyone has changed them and feels like writing a quick location and and tips for changing it.

The real questions are where is the acceleration sensor ? Do these just go bad, is it an expensive part, how to tell if it def is bad or if maybe there is something else causing this code?

Also the Ecu power supple has me a little confused....does this mean it needs a whole new abs ecu? is this expensive? could this issue be causing the other 2 issues? Where is this located?

I bought the car without doing enough homework, the previous owner said the only reason my acd lights and antilock light was on was a wheel speed sensor....this among many other things that have arisen have been a headache.

any help is much appreciated, done a good deal of searching about acd and abs issues but none really answered my questions.

Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:02 AM

bump for any knowledge
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I feel your pain bro... I just pulled 32,71,21,22 off my ixmr... Computer said g sensor sustem fualt, lateral g sensor fault, fl,fr wheel speed sensor erratic. I'm thinking i got a bad ground. Especially since its very intermitten...
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by joseph143
I feel your pain bro... I just pulled 32,71,21,22 off my ixmr... Computer said g sensor sustem fualt, lateral g sensor fault, fl,fr wheel speed sensor erratic. I'm thinking i got a bad ground. Especially since its very intermitten...
shiiiitttt......and i thought i had it bad.....Do you have a mini battery by chance? I feel like maybe thats why i could be having problems....

Also those little fuses that are on the battery + terminal (they may not be fuses but they are under little plastic caps) I just saw that ne of mine looks blown (not connected in the middle anymore) where as the other one on the pposite side is solid....Do you know what these are? I was wondering if maybe that was the source of some problems.....

I really dont want to play the game where u buy new stuff and hope that that is the problem.....

Let me know if you figure anything out on yours...and goodluck
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:17 AM

when you say intermittent does your abs light come on and off? Mine is always on..
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

sorry i rarely check my subs. the fuses on the terminal are for the main fuse box and the alternator if i'm not mistaken. if either are blown your car shouldn't start or charge while driving. been a long while since i had mine so i can't really remember.

yes mine comes and goes. when i take off on occasions it pops on and then it will go off after i shut the car off... so i don't think my sensors or system is bad just possibly a bad ground connection somewhere or maybe from the excessive vibrations due to not having balance shafts and extremely stiff 90 durameter engine mounts. currently i'm rebuilding my motor so i haven't had time to isolate the issue. any luck on your end?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:29 PM

sorry i rarely check my subs. the fuses on the terminal are for the main fuse box and the alternator if i'm not mistaken. if either are blown your car shouldn't start or charge while driving. been a long while since i had mine so i can't really remember.

yes mine comes and goes. when i take off on occasions it pops on and then it will go off after i shut the car off... so i don't think my sensors or system is bad just possibly a bad ground connection somewhere or maybe from the excessive vibrations due to not having balance shafts and extremely stiff 90 durameter engine mounts. currently i'm rebuilding my motor so i haven't had time to isolate the issue. any luck on your end?
Well I dont have any issues with starting the car, it usually fires right up, in the cold maybe an extra crank.

I do have a mini battery, and one of my fuses on the positive terminal (the metal bridge fuse thing) is blown, and im not sure how to change it.

I also called mitsubishi about parts and got some somewhat bad news. The abs ecu is a part of something else and not sold individually supposedly, it cost 1300 dollars, the wheels speed sensor from them cost 370 dollars, and then he told me that there is no such things as an acceleration sensor and didnt know what i was talking about. Clearly those prices are absurd, and i found a right rear abs sensor on aparts site for 60 dollars which isnt to bad.

Im wondering if that fuse and my mini battery are the problems, i might try and hook up a full size battery to the car and see if that changes anything. Still not sure what to do about the blown one on the positive terminal connector.

Let me know if you have any ideas because im trying to get abs up and running by winter, without giving the stealership a dime.

thanks
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:35 PM

http://www.modified.com/features/060...n/viewall.html

by searching longitudinal accelerations sensor in this article it would seem that there would be one so i dunno what the mitsubishi guy was so confused by...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

They are directly beneath the cup holder... He is an idiot. Of course he might call it g-shock or something colloquial. Anywho. I seriously doubt that you battery is the issue. As for the fuse its either for your starter or for you alternator... Unless its aftermarket? So either your car wont start or it wont charge and on a mini battery it wouldnt run long. Its unlikely your entire abs unit went bad. It'll be on your firewall on the passenger side of the car next to the intake manifold. Check it for residue indicating a leak or to see if the wiring harness has been damaged...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:42 PM

They are directly beneath the cup holder... He is an idiot. Of course he might call it g-shock or something colloquial. Anywho. I seriously doubt that you battery is the issue. As for the fuse its either for your starter or for you alternator... Unless its aftermarket? So either your car wont start or it wont charge and on a mini battery it wouldnt run long. Its unlikely your entire abs unit went bad. It'll be on your firewall on the passenger side of the car next to the intake manifold. Check it for residue indicating a leak or to see if the wiring harness has been damaged...
This is super helpful, really appreciate man, now i have somewhere to look at least. Ill check it out and let you know what i find. Do you think that the sensor under the cupholders would be bad.....i did pull all that apart to put my short throw in.....

thanks again
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Lateral should be the one with the clips toward the seats... The other should face front to back and be longitudinal unless my directions are ****ed. And its a good chance you could have busted it or a wire if youre (no offense) that inexperienced. Lord knows i've done similar **** along the way. Its unlikely since the cup holders are sealed but fluids may have corroded or gummed up one or both of the sensors.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:14 PM

Lateral should be the one with the clips toward the seats... The other should face front to back and be longitudinal unless my directions are ****ed. And its a good chance you could have busted it or a wire if youre (no offense) that inexperienced. Lord knows i've done similar **** along the way. Its unlikely since the cup holders are sealed but fluids may have corroded or gummed up one or both of the sensors.
Ok all of this could be possible. Iv worked on a number of cars but the first thing i did when i bought my used evo was short throw so i am may have been careless or something. Also i recently pulled the whole tranny out to do the clutch so im wondering if maybe i pulled something or snagged a wire on the abs ecu when i did this.....The wheel speed sensor should be easy enough to check and when i bought the car the previous owner said that the light was on because of a bad wheel speed sensor. To my dismay when i pulled the code months later after taking care of some of the bs he did poorly i had three abs codes.

Im going to take a look at this stuff tomorrow