Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How hard do you drive your Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So did a lot of you guys get this feeling that it's not pulling as hard and got used to the power over time?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by IX_MR
So did a lot of you guys get this feeling that it's not pulling as hard and got used to the power over time?
I haven't gotten there....yet. Since I have a daily and I go back and forth every time I drive the Evo it still feels like the first time. I'm sure once spring comes and I'm driving it a lot more I'll feel like it's slow as hell!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evochick88
I haven't gotten there....yet. Since I have a daily and I go back and forth every time I drive the Evo it still feels like the first time. I'm sure once spring comes and I'm driving it a lot more I'll feel like it's slow as hell!

Yea I've been driving it for about 20 miles everyday for a month (about averaged it out) and its either me getting used to it or something is wrong..
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Well mor like 10-20 miles a day and don't really drive like a granny too much..
But I try to drive normally but do some pulls
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:46 PM

Yea I've been driving it for about 20 miles everyday for a month (about averaged it out) and its either me getting used to it or something is wrong..
Probably getting used to it. Before I had the Evo, back in the day I would drive my boyfriends STi all the time and after awhile I'd be like wtf this thing is slow as hell. Then I'd drive my car and come back and drive his and be like my lord this thing moves haha.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Probably getting used to it. Before I had the Evo, back in the day I would drive my boyfriends STi all the time and after awhile I'd be like wtf this thing is slow as hell. Then I'd drive my car and come back and drive his and be like my lord this thing moves haha.
Haha! That's cool
Yea I'm just worried If there's some problem with the car... But most likely just getting used to it
Old Dec 1, 2012, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drive pretty granny style but i have to open it up a few times here and there sometimes.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I first got mine back from Chad it scared the bejezus out of me. Now it doesn't scare me anymore. But I don't think it's any slower.

last night went out for a late night ride, took a ramp I don't usually take, saw a cop staking out a spot I'd never seen before on the adjacent ramp. Few mins later another exit down saw a cop with some poor sap pulled over. thought "damn is that the same one?", went back up the road to check it out and sure nuff, the first cop I saw was gone. I guess he had lasered or radared the poor sap from behind after he passed. So good, I've found another spot to always be extra careful.

I went on my way and another exit down there was another poor sap pulled over by another cop... what is it? the end of the month or something?

went over memorial, to rock creek, and there was another poor sap pulled over by a DC cop (I hung around and watched him get one more, stupid 25 MPH section)

shoulda bagged it then, but I didn't. I made it home unmolested.

Last edited by wjamyers; Dec 3, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 06:33 PM

Haha! That's cool
Yea I'm just worried If there's some problem with the car... But most likely just getting used to it
What would you think is wrong with your car?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

What would you think is wrong with your car?
I don't know.. I think it's me and not the car. But I might go in and do a boost leak test or do one when I go get my tune
Old Dec 2, 2012, 04:54 PM

I try to give it the best of both worlds. Always let it warm up for at least 5 minutes, drive very normally shifting at like 2.5 - 3k. When temp gauge gets up give it a nice rip up to the speed limit. During the winter my car gets a pretty good beating as i live in the middle of nowhere and we have crazy winters so thats always fun.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 05:23 PM

I just got mine a few months ago, so im going to granny the car until I can do all the maintenance myself & get confident/comfortable enough to fix any major things myself without having to take it anywhere... but the occasional spirited driving on clear highway/ empty roads works for now, and as mentioned previously I love having the power at the exact moment I want it

Last edited by GhostAWD; Dec 2, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
7k everyday, that's my motto
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I drive my DD Sl2 like a racecar and drive the Evo like a Grandmother. Why? Because every time I do a pull in the Evo all I see are dollar signs.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:11 AM
Evolving Member

Its more me not being afraid of it the more I drive. I know it's hauling, it just doesn't surprise me anymore.

Quick Reply: How hard do you drive your Evo?