Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How hard do you drive your Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
autocross, rallycross, road race, street fun and DD miles. Maintain it, and it will last. If you have a hack tune nothing is guaranteed though.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 03:23 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue91lx
I drive my DD Sl2 like a racecar and drive the Evo like a Grandmother. Why? Because every time I do a pull in the Evo all I see are dollar signs.

Dude, this is why when it comes to going either mild or wild I tend to vote for mild.

Old Dec 3, 2012, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by golgo13

Dude, this is why when it comes to going either mild or wild I tend to vote for mild.

I wish I realized that before, because now all I want is for my car to be stock again.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue91lx

I wish I realized that before, because now all I want is for my car to be stock again.
you can say that again lmao.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by meckert
I love questions like this-- and so many variables. Look at all the guys with built engines, the majority blew the stock one to hell with their antics-- , same goes for clutches with the "Drive it like it was made to be driven attitude"--nothing wrong with that except the 5K+ price tag for the lesson. Beat on any car and it beats back-- drive it rt and it will stay together NP. The car doesnt need to see redline on every trip and there are examples weekly on this forum from Fand F crowd going around a corner "... and I dont know what happened". Grow up , get a grip and drive Normal.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by nightwalker
7k everyday, that's my motto
Really? Thats the dumbest crap ive ever heard. I notice alot of people on here talk about beating on it cause i was built for it. Let me clear this up.....NO CAR WAS MADE TO BE BEAT ON EVERYDAY. They were made to be streetcars. Under this logic I could beat it up at redline everday, powershift, brake hard and they will have to cover it under warranty. If it was it would be a purpose built track car. There is only one car I can think of that needs a redline every other time you drive it and that's a rotary.

Last edited by re-rx7; Dec 3, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

I DD like a normal human being 90% of the time. The other 10% I'm drifting it like a rockstar.

See my YT channel for more info. Also, maintenance is key - this being the common theme in the automotive repair industry. Fluids, filters, alignments and rotations.

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear....1.NckSlG-msls
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:08 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by re-rx7
Really? Thats the dumbest crap ive ever heard. I notice alot of people on here talk about beating on it cause i was built for it. Let me clear this up.....NO CAR WAS MADE TO BE BEAT ON EVERYDAY. They were made to be streetcars. Under this logic I could beat it up at redline everday, powershift, brake hard and they will have to cover it under warranty. If it was it would be a purpose built track car. There is only one car I can think of that needs a redline every other time you drive it and that's a rotary.
What's wrong with letting the guy drive his car the way he wants? I must have missed the part where you were making his car payments.

This thread is just asking people how they drive their evo, not asking people to hate on each other for having different driving styles.

Old Dec 4, 2012, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

I always have a difficult time getting this thing into first gear...but once I hit ~25 PSI...I have a hard time getting back into first gear
Old Dec 4, 2012, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Build it to handle it ......realistcally most of us are satisfied with a few boltons, some like me want more and pay more to enjoy the fun daily. Any car can handle most of what u throw at it as long as you know in certain situations when and when not to put the hammer down. Fwiw, my car sees 8k daily at least a few times, has for past 40 k without much issue. Maintenance and part choice will be ultimáte outcome of amount of depleted funds. Haha
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by golgo13
What's wrong with letting the guy drive his car the way he wants? I must have missed the part where you were making his car payments.

This thread is just asking people how they drive their evo, not asking people to hate on each other for having different driving styles.

I never said he should quit driving it lik that. I stated my opinion on why that was stupid. Anyhow, not a big deal.