Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thinking about moving to a EVO X

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I can tell you I like the X as well. But I wouldn't trade my VIII for one straight up.
Originally Posted by Kracka
I hated my IX, sold it, bought a X
So see you'll get two sides to a coin in threads like this. Different strokes different folks.

I like the more raw feeling described above that the earlier EVO's have. Hell wish I could get an even earlier model V, VI.

Though I'm not sure I'd call the X refined (it is more than a VIII/IX I guess). It's still a 15k car with a 15k drivetrain like it's earlier brethren. Prob the reason I haven't pulled the trigger. There's other cars out there I have been eying where I can have my cake and eat it too .
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoVenomIX
I would Prolly do intake exhaust and tune and be done with it...
thats what i said to my wife and look at my signature now LoL
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ Haha same here, little by little it's turning into a beast.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Like someone else said, the X feels a little more roomy. Miss my VIII but love the X just as much as the VIII. I would say the interior is a little more refined than previous generations but I wouldn't say it's "refined" especially if you compare it to other fully loaded vehicles out there. My X is pretty loud but not nearly as loud as my VIII was. I can actually have a conversation on my bluetooth earpiece without constantly checking to see if the volume is actually turned up all the way. Some hate the X some don't, it's all preference.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:51 AM

I'll Prolly put my car up for sale next year
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:14 PM

funny I ve been thinking a lot to get out of x and get 8 or 9
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:19 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have to admit that I enjoy these threads. Not due to the subject matter, as itself, but, because I know the people. Most of us do, at least those who've been here for a while. We know about their cars and we know about their mods. We know who screwed up his car and we know who kept his Evo as a drivable entity. To a lurker, though, or even a forum member outside the daily grind, the comments can take on an alternate meaning. And so it goes...

As for the thread, the OP's VIII didn't smell like fuel when it rolled off the showroom floor, did it? Did it come with a bigger turbo, aftermarket high-lift cams, and a loudass exhaust? No? Then what are we talking about?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

I've owned 2 X's and I'm in a VIII now.

The X definitely makes a better daily driver, IF YOU LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

I hear people tell me all the time that the 8/9 is loud and uncomfortable. You can very quickly make the X just as loud and uncomfortable as any 8/9. When I would drive my modded GSR for a week and then get into my stock SE it was night and day.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
I have to admit that I enjoy these threads. Not due to the subject matter, as itself, but, because I know the people. Most of us do, at least those who've been here for a while. We know about their cars and we know about their mods. We know who screwed up his car and we know who kept his Evo as a drivable entity. To a lurker, though, or even a forum member outside the daily grind, the comments can take on an alternate meaning. And so it goes...

As for the thread, the OP's VIII didn't smell like fuel when it rolled off the showroom floor, did it? Did it come with a bigger turbo, aftermarket high-lift cams, and a loudass exhaust? No? Then what are we talking about?
DING DING DING.

It's easy with the Evo to take things too far, and end up with a car that's nearly (or completely) undrivable on the road. Changing model's of the car won't change that, stock or near-stock Evo VIII-IXs aren't rattle traps with crazy loud exhaust and gas smell... thats someone who modded too far for their own enjoyment. Has nothing to do with the car.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wisniaPl
thats what i said to my wife and look at my signature now LoL
^ yeah, im slowly gathering parts here. but very true. i think most of us said that at first. ahah.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Think hard about what you're doing man. Older evos in my area are in higher demand than the X's. They sell a lot faster, hold their value a lot better, not to mention Wicked White is one, if not the most, rarest and desired colors in the line of VIII's and IX's. I know there is a huge difference between owning and testing driving, but after test driving both the newer MR and GSR then my IX, the choice was simple. The IX to me was just alot more fun to drive plus I like the looks of the older evos better, but thats just my opinion. Both are great cars , but just take a long time to think about it and test drive as many X's as you can. I've never been married but it seems like whenever somebody gives up something, just to shut their wife up, end up regretting it!

Last edited by EvolutionIX219; Dec 6, 2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by justin81
I've owned 2 X's and I'm in a VIII now.

The X definitely makes a better daily driver, IF YOU LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

I hear people tell me all the time that the 8/9 is loud and uncomfortable. You can very quickly make the X just as loud and uncomfortable as any 8/9. When I would drive my modded GSR for a week and then get into my stock SE it was night and day.
so true I have vibrant Ultra quiet resonator on my desk
is to deep I will only go to 8/9 if i sell mine x for right price
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3453961341.html

Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:28 PM

I had a 2011 Lancer Ralliart and that thing rattled to HELL! Especially that plastic behind the rear passenger seat! Dash looks like hard plastic vs the 8s dash actually looks a little softer, the new ones have the annoying seat belt alarm when you take your seatbelt off in your driveway. I'm in a 8 now and couldnt be happier. As for more roomy, idk exactly what activities you guys are doing but I have never felt cramped in my 8. Just my 2 cents though..
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:37 PM

I love my Evo 8 but, I have a lot of experience modding cars. So when I decided to modify my car I kept with my orginal plan to make it a perfect daily driver. It is very easy to go overboard with these cars because they are so mod friendly. If you you don't catch yourself you will have a 600 hp car that you will hate to drive.

Quick Reply: Thinking about moving to a EVO X