Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thinking about moving to a EVO X

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think my wife enjoyed mine more before it was modded.... I like the X, but my VIII just does it for me. I am content. Besides... The less she likes it, the fewer miles I have to put on it for running errands. lol....
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stick with a 8 or 9. My fiance has an evo X. While its not bad to drive, I would much rather drive my 9. Now this might be because my 9 is a 2.3l, hta86 turbo, cams yada yada and my fiance's evo X is bone stock haha.

But seriously, I cant get comfortable in her car at all. We all know the evos interior is not the greatest. Its cheap plastic that overtime begins to rattle etc.

Well, my fiance's X is a 2010 that is all stock. Her car rattles much more than mine inside. It drives me nuts. I tell her all the time I want to get her an exhaust, merely so I wont hear the rattles in the interior.

I think on the evo, you always are paying the money for the great powertrain, then little money is invested into the rest of the car. I feel Mitsu did that with the 8&9. However, with the X, I feel its even worse. I am not as confident in the evo X powertrain as I am in the 8,9, but still, its obvious, when you buy a X, you are paying for the amazing technology in the car. So they got even cheaper with the interior, paint etc.

I would never give up my 9 for an evo X.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The X can be just as much fun as the older platforms with the right mods, if this is a DD and a vehicle you're going to be sharing with other people than it's only right that the mods be mild. Anything above the basics should be a dedicated weekend car or at least a car you can enjoy on your own. Everything else is irrelevant, if you're not tracking it or racing it in any sense then why care about specifics that are only going to help the performance in that aspect? It's still an EVO! It still goes like stink when you press the gas pedal and stops when you press the brake, call a spade a spade.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:00 AM

this is a good read for me cause i was deciding between a 9 or a X. Thanks everyone
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:07 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by skevo8
this is a good read for me cause i was deciding between a 9 or a X. Thanks everyone
A X can be had new. A IX is ~6 years old and finding an unabused example these days is a easy as trying reinvent the theory of relativity. Not much of a debate.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

I have owned 4 different evo's now one of which was an X. By what you're asking i think you would really enjoy the evo x. it was by far my favorite daily driven car i have ever owned. I suggest finding one with the aero package bc they look MUCH nicer. Also i found mine to be very quiet with an Ultimate Racing turbo back exhaust. The car is extremely comfortable with nice features (mine had the SSS package as well). There is not a doubt in my mind you and your wife will love the X. My girlfriend sounds similar and to this day she talks good about my X.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wht9er
I have owned 4 different evo's now one of which was an X. By what you're asking i think you would really enjoy the evo x. it was by far my favorite daily driven car i have ever owned. I suggest finding one with the aero package bc they look MUCH nicer. Also i found mine to be very quiet with an Ultimate Racing turbo back exhaust. The car is extremely comfortable with nice features (mine had the SSS package as well). There is not a doubt in my mind you and your wife will love the X. My girlfriend sounds similar and to this day she talks good about my X.
Same here, wife definitely prefers the looks, and comfort of the X compared to the 8 I had. Both were amazing machines, but the X feels much nicer inside.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

owned 4 evos....8, 9 ,10...i recommend the 9...10 is a better daily...9 is just more fun...either way great car....
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Why not just wrap the interior with sound deadening, get different struts to help absorb the bumps on road. Gas problem i guess get thise little tree air freshners and persuade her your saving the environment