Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thinking about moving to a EVO X

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about moving to a EVO X

My wife literally hates my evo 8.. She says its to loud, bumpy and smells (GAS).. She describes it to people like riding in a roller coaster

So whenever we go anywhere i have to drive her car at least its a 5 speed 2012 jetta and not a boring auto but instead its a boring 5 speed

So if i upgrade to a X will all those problems go away?? i really dont care bout being super quick anymore.. Just having a sporty car with around 350whp is good enough for me im sure some people have gone from a VIII to a X so elaborate

are there evo x's out there with under 40k miles and under 23k ??
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Ive said it once ill say it again, Evo's are best with just an Intake, a turbo back, nice boost controller and a good tune.

I used to hate the EvoX now they have grown on me and I really like them. I have still never drove one though.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:18 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why limit your choices to just an X? There are plenty of good, reliable, and comfortable cars out there. I'd be looking at BMW 335 and M3s myself.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:18 AM

yea i used to fell the same way about the X.. but the interior looks amazing
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by chu
Why limit your choices to just an X? There are plenty of good, reliable, and comfortable cars out there. I'd be looking at BMW 335 and M3s myself.
i wouldnt want a BMW unless it comes with a really good warranty lol
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
The X would be more comfy as a DD stock for stock. But as far as noise and smell, If you are going to mod the X your wife will have those same complaints.

I can tell you I like the X as well. But I wouldn't trade my VIII for one straight up.

Having both down the road is a possibility though. There are a couple other cars I am eying as well
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:36 AM

I would Prolly do intake exhaust and tune and be done with it...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My buddy bought a brand new X about 4-5 months ago. They are nice. You can def tell they are upgraded from the 8/9s. I still prefer the 8/9s though. They are kinda pig slow bone stock. I would say a Tune, Intake, Turboback exhaust would really open up the car. The car is not loud on the inside, doesnt make noises etc. They have grown on me recently. Its definitely different since ive been in both many times. I think you would be happy with the decision. GL man
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

I went from an 05 E85 Evo8 (360/410) to a 08 Pump Gas X with full bolt ons, and tuned (~350whp).

The 8 was definitely a lot more "race car" feeling, a lot "rawer" if that makes sense. The X is a lot more refined, and just overall smoother. It's definitely quieter inside, no rattles on anything, and it feels a lot roomier.

With 350whp, the car moves amazingly, feels just as fast as my 8 did, and probably has about 80 less ft/lbs of torque. I think it's easier to make more power on pump on the X's than the 8's. I don't think many people put down 350whp on pump gas with stock turbo 8's. It's also heavier, and you can feel it in the car. However, stock for stock, the X outhandles the 8, and has a way better awd system they named the S-AWC. They say the only car with a more advanced AWD system is the GT-R.

I am super happy with the X, and it definitely feels like a big upgrade from the 8/9 world. After purchasing the X and getting used to it, the 8/9's look super outdated to me now. Still love them though
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:49 AM

^^ that's what I like to hear!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:50 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoVenomIX
i wouldnt want a BMW unless it comes with a really good warranty lol
Like Mitsu warranty is outstanding? The Ms has proven pretty reliable as far I can see. I know plenty of guys to dd and track them with no issues. THe wife would mprobably prefer the BMW. Anyways, I'm just throwing the idea out there. I don't think its wise to commit yourself to a single type of car when there are plenty out there with your buget expectations.

Last edited by chu; Dec 6, 2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SRToad4
I went from an 05 E85 Evo8 (360/410) to a 08 Pump Gas X with full bolt ons, and tuned (~350whp).

The 8 was definitely a lot more "race car" feeling, a lot "rawer" if that makes sense. The X is a lot more refined, and just overall smoother. It's definitely quieter inside, no rattles on anything, and it feels a lot roomier.

With 350whp, the car moves amazingly, feels just as fast as my 8 did, and probably has about 80 less ft/lbs of torque. I think it's easier to make more power on pump on the X's than the 8's. I don't think many people put down 350whp on pump gas with stock turbo 8's. It's also heavier, and you can feel it in the car. However, stock for stock, the X outhandles the 8, and has a way better awd system they named the S-AWC. They say the only car with a more advanced AWD system is the GT-R.

I am super happy with the X, and it definitely feels like a big upgrade from the 8/9 world. After purchasing the X and getting used to it, the 8/9's look super outdated to me now. Still love them though
Never had an 8/9 but been in them a ton of times...^^this^^ couldn't be more spot on...go drive one..they aren't "pig slow" as someone said..but they feel slower until you realize you hit 100 without trying to...with the 8/9 you could feel how fast you were going in the X not so much...doing 120 on stock springs feels like 50
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I hated my IX, sold it, bought a X, been loving it ever since even after 50k miles Any questions?

Last edited by Kracka; Dec 6, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
I hated my IX, sold it, bought a X, been loving it ever since even after 50k miles Any questions?
How could you hate you EVO IX??
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Evosick2332
How could you hate you EVO IX??
Loud, rough, wasn't comfortable, constant issues, no cruise, barely ran with the A/C on, miserable to drive in traffic, etc. I regretted selling my S2000 to buy it while driving it home; selling it and taking the check to the bank was the happiest day of my ownership. I then went the next morning to the dealership and bought a new X and have been in love ever since.

I kept the IX for about 2 1/2 years, 43k miles. So far I've had my X for 2 1/2 years and 49k miles.

Last edited by Kracka; Dec 6, 2012 at 08:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Thinking about moving to a EVO X