Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone else notice the price of Premium Fuel going up?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
I'm not complaining about gas being high (we still pay less then most other countries with the exception of the OPEC nations). I just would love to know the justification of why the different grades are no longer 10 cents apart. Seems like a money grab to me.

Honestly, on the surface it makes sense to me. If we think way back to when gas was even well under $2.00 a gallon, the $0.10 difference between the three grades was pretty much standard. So, even if we go on the high end of the scale, $2/gal, that's 5% from 87 to 89.

Jump that up to $4/gal, and that 5% is now $0.20.

So, we got so used to each one just being 10cents more than the other, and eventually that stopped. So, to me, the change in the "gap" between grades makes sense. I don't like it, and I certainly **** a brick the first time I saw a HUGE difference (like 70 cents), but whatever.

I don't like wasting money, and I hate what a fill-up costs compared to when I bought my car. BUT, i don't ***** about it. I accept that gasoline is now a much bigger part of the price I pay to enjoy driving my awesome car.