Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Remaining Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remaining Evo's

Ok, so I would like to see if we could possible put together a list of statistics for the remaining models that are still around from the original production numbers. Maybe we can find out how many numbers for each year and color are still around. I would just like to have another great feeling in my mind for still owning my car. I know we have threads that give us the production numbers already but I want to know what the remaining none totaled cars that are still around in the America.

I noticed that a lot of the cars that are I have seen on Ebay and other listings are going pretty cheap, it almost started making me think that the car has finally hit the bottom in value. But after I started looking into the $10k Evo's I noticed that the cars were rebuilt, salvaged or blown motors.

Personal inputs are great!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 06:35 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Solidsn8ke
Ok, so I would like to see if we could possible put together a list of statistics for the remaining models that are still around from the original production numbers. Maybe we can find out how many numbers for each year and color are still around. I would just like to have another great feeling in my mind for still owning my car. I know we have threads that give us the production numbers already but I want to know what the remaining none totaled cars that are still around in the America.
Where would any of us find these numbers?

I noticed that a lot of the cars that are I have seen on Ebay and other listings are going pretty cheap, it almost started making me think that the car has finally hit the bottom in value. But after I started looking into the $10k Evo's I noticed that the cars were rebuilt, salvaged or blown motors.
The Porsche Rule applies to Evolutions, as well. Buy the best car you can to begin with. You won't be saving money by spending less. Good luck.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I don't think he is looking to buy another one...he is trying to gauge what his car's long term worth would be based on how many are left. Like you point out...finding that out is going to be nearly impossible at this stage.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:10 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by codgi
I don't think he is looking to buy another one...he is trying to gauge what his car's long term worth would be based on how many are left. Like you point out...finding that out is going to be nearly impossible at this stage.
Fair enough. It definitely makes for a more interesting discussion.

Short answer: Too many clean cars still around to value a higher-mileage '03 with dreams of 500whp above a relatively low number.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm sure if you knew someone in the state registration office you could pull up how many are registered. Then for each state... It wont count track only cars or garage queens. But it'll give you the numbers you need. A good cop friend would probably be able to help...
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
You cant really judge a cars value based on how many are left, yes it does play part of a role but people will spend the money if maintence is kept up exterior and interior and based on peoples desire. If someone wants something they will spend the money based on right price and well kept vehicle.

Kelly blue book example evo = 16k
Someone will spend exactly 16k if the car is in great condition
Low ballers expect low price because they suspect something wrong with the car "i was one of those people"
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:50 PM

Hey guys thanks for the inputs.

I currently have a 65k mile 03 Evo 8, my original motor was pulled at 45k so that I could drop my current built motor into the car without any regrets. I drive my car about 4 months or so every year to keep the miles down and maintenance cost. My car really has no resale to me due to the sentimental value. I just wanted to see what every one thought about the conversation, just a curious question I ask myself. Around Feb my current build will be pushing well over 500hp so I should be pretty content either way.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

I just bought my 03 bby evo 8 with only 11k miles. It was bone stock and looks amazing. Even had the dealer sticker price and stickers on door.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by tdt1805
I just bought my 03 bby evo 8 with only 11k miles. It was bone stock and looks amazing. Even had the dealer sticker price and stickers on door.
Nice I have the sticker for my evo also, what did your sell for my tag states 43k new!?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

Where did you buy it from?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:44 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shortbus115
Where did you buy it from?
... and how much did you pay?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So now the door is faded everywhere but behind those stickers

Originally Posted by Solidsn8ke
Nice I have the sticker for my evo also, what did your sell for my tag states 43k new!?
That is a bit ridiculous, my tag is was under 38k.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Mine was 35k new. Bought from private party and paid 22k.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by FJF
... and how much did you pay?
Im the second owner, a friend paid the 43k for it. But look at the older post about Mitsu mark ups on MSRP... Crazy 20k over MSRP back then!

Would never pay that If it was my choice!