Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 9 Price?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 9 Price?

So I'm debating on selling my 2006 Evo 9, but I have no idea of a price range. I tried searching the forum, but I'm in a particular situation.

The car only has a few bolt ons (exhaust, intake, etc.) nothing extreme. plus a tune. it has 48.3k miles on it. the car was involved in a hit and run in the rear end. caught the guy, but the trunk line is slightly off. you would have to look directly at it to notice. also, about 8-10 gallons of tea was spilling inside the car. the driver's side(front and back) of the car was completely soaked. I tried to get as much of it out as possible, but we know how difficult this can be. the amp underneath the seat is ruined, and so the car technically has no sound system.

anyway, long story and I apologize, would this car still have value? if so, what is a good price range?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say $18-19k, depending on the demand in your area. Mileage is reasonably low but that accident is gonna hurt your sale price, especially if it wasn't fixed properly.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:31 AM

oh no, it was fixed. filed the insurance and everything. but I guess it left a "scar"
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I say post a feeler thread. Was just the carpet and amp ruined? Post up pics and all the info in the for sale thread.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:39 AM

only reason I didn't post in the "for sale" thread is because I had no idea of the value of the car. if it's too low, I'll just keep the car and strip the interior. It's my DD, not a race car :3

but I'm not certain if the amp is ruined. I do know that if it's plugged in, the speakers make white noise. even if the car is off. as for the carpet, I'm not certain how extensive the damage is yet. the tea incident happened recently.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

Adam son! Post up a feeler thread. Most people won't care about be amp. More importantly is the maintenance, body, and use of the vehicle. I'd say at least 21k
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tokie
oh no, it was fixed. filed the insurance and everything. but I guess it left a "scar"
Well if its not lining up properly, then it wasn't fixed properly... That's my thought at least. Personally, I wouldn't purchase a car that's been in a rear end collision and it looks like it wasn't fixed correctly. If the outside doesn't look right, how can I be sure the inside doesn't reflect the work that was done/not done on the exterior?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:48 AM

haha, okay. by the way, are you really in Kansas?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

If I was done wrong you could take it back and make he insurance fix it. Depending on how Long ago.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Squeeb
Well if its not lining up properly, then it wasn't fixed properly... That's my thought at least. Personally, I wouldn't purchase a car that's been in a rear end collision and it looks like it wasn't fixed correctly. If the outside doesn't look right, how can I be sure the inside doesn't reflect the work that was done/not done on the exterior?
perfectly understandable. and if I had pictures, I'd show you. but obviously you are not within my target audience. as I've said, only trying to get an idea. and my car was parked, drunk driver in my parking lot hit me and ran. so it wasn't even high speeds.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:54 AM

Tom, you and Brett saw it afterwards. But this was a very long time ago.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:33 AM

i got the same exact question! i got an evo 9 also with only 14500 miles on it and it is completely stock... how much you think i can get for it?
edit: clean title and fully payed off

Last edited by a10495; Dec 14, 2012 at 01:34 AM. Reason: no accidents flawless condition interior and exterior
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:58 AM
Evolved Member

^thread jacker. Yea, I saw it and remember it being pretty damn close to perfect. No, i'm still in Korea. I'll be leaving here in Jan and will most likely be in GA for a little bit.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:02 AM

hit me up. for new years, I'll be in ATL, but after than, I'll be around Statesboro/Hinesville/Savannah
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
haha lmao... 8-10 gallons? Where you about to go have a tea party? Damn son that is a lot of tea.

Anyways... low 20's is about right.... I just looked mine up yesterday Good condition with 60K miles KBB price private party is $25k.

Quick Reply: Evo 9 Price?