Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Clutch Installation in Atlanta & MTF 6 Spd Redline weight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Clutch Installation in Atlanta & MTF 6 Spd Redline weight

First off is my need for clutch installation. Im getting quoted anywhere from 800-1,200 in Atlanta. Anyone know of something cheaper? My oem clutch is finally out at 103.5k. I should have seen this earlier, but work just got too busy. Decided to do a pull on the highway and the next thing I know is that I'm at 4.5k and making too much soumd and not moving... By the time I realize whats going on I disengage the clutch a little over 6k. Now she's still drivable, but I'm takimg her home half way across the country and I don't want to be left powerless in the middle of a dirt ocean.

Secondly, is after hours of reading about how awesome redline is I cant seem to find a consensus on the best weight and possibly combination of shockproof on a 6spd. The only thing I can conclude is to not get the heavy shockproof. I'm runnin 330 hp and throw up at the feeling of notchiness.

*Amsoil lovers I'll try out the stuff on my next change... So plz do not post about it. I've seen plenty of posts about it around and I don't want this thread to turn into another redline vs amsoil.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump. Saw some NY and Orlando fellows willing to do it for 600/500 with fluids on this forum. Anybody have anything closer?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I wouldn't put redline in my car ever again, it was so notchy the fluid was changed 4000 miles after going in. It was crap compared to the OEM fluid.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clutch jobs are generally a 6 hour job.Depending on the labor rate it could be any from 5 to 600. After that is fluids and the clutch itself.

I don't know too many shops willing to offer a lower hourly rate on their labour since they have to pay their mechanics so the only way you are going to save money is to get your fluids and parts cheap.

And if you take your car to a non-evo specific shop you are asking for bigger more expensive problems down the road.

I'm speaking from experience. Somethings just can't be cheaped out on. Sorry dude.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wish you were closer...