Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IX rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo IX rear bumper

So I have an evo VIII and obviously want an IX bumper, front and rear honestly...but more focused on the rear right now...

are there any good well known aftermarket IX replica bumpers that aren't going to tear and crack and be a pile of crap for a decent price? I would love a real jdm bumper but there's just no way in hell i'm going to pay 900+ for one, i can have mine modified at a body shop to look the same for less that's how overpriced these are...

let me know if you guys know of any good ones out there, also, any good deals on ix front bumpers? good aftermarket replicas? or is jdm legit the only way to go here? and are IX headlights needed? or will you just have 4 fog lights?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US 8 & 9 rear bumpers are the same. Your looking for the "jdm" rear

In my opinion oem is the only way to go, but I d not know what your budget allows or how picky you are. Headlights are the same aside from small differences like color or with/without foglight and hid's.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJustin
So I have an evo VIII and obviously want an IX bumper, front and rear honestly...but more focused on the rear right now...

are there any good well known aftermarket IX replica bumpers that aren't going to tear and crack and be a pile of crap for a decent price? I would love a real jdm bumper but there's just no way in hell i'm going to pay 900+ for one, i can have mine modified at a body shop to look the same for less that's how overpriced these are...

let me know if you guys know of any good ones out there, also, any good deals on ix front bumpers? good aftermarket replicas? or is jdm legit the only way to go here? and are IX headlights needed? or will you just have 4 fog lights?
Most of the replicas are made of fiberglass, which means that it's very possible for it to crack. They do look pretty good though, but JDM is really the way to go if cracking is a concern. But remember that you'll still have to modify your bumper beam as well.