Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

basic tools

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not sure if your gonna do any wiring but if you install a new radio, guages, etc i like to have a basic wiring kit avaiable , just my 2 cents http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wm...7/media/images
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lancerboy89
not sure if your gonna do any wiring but if you install a new radio, guages, etc i like to have a basic wiring kit avaiable , just my 2 cents http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wm...7/media/images
That is useful! thanks keep them coming guys
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:41 AM

hey guys mini update! i talked to a family member who owned the evo before and did all changes of maintenance by himself. he has the race ramps and jack kit with jack stands so i am good on those! now i think i may get that husky tool set i posted earlier! i have vice grips incase! and still thinking of what else i may need! i know i have an oil drain pan already just thinking of other things to get too!

anyways, sorry for that blab ^^ but thanks for all the help so far guys! i really do appreciate it! going to buy the right tools the first time so i dont have to put mileage going to the store and back just to find the right tools!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think the tool set, a breaker bar, and a torque wrench is all that you are in need of. You do not need an o2 socket like a member posted earlier because if you really need one the auto stores rent them out. All you have to do is make a deposit on the tool and return it to get your money back. But I never used one when replacing the o2 housing and the rest of the exhaust.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by a10495
hey guys mini update! i talked to a family member who owned the evo before and did all changes of maintenance by himself. he has the race ramps and jack kit with jack stands so i am good on those! now i think i may get that husky tool set i posted earlier! i have vice grips incase! and still thinking of what else i may need! i know i have an oil drain pan already just thinking of other things to get too!

anyways, sorry for that blab ^^ but thanks for all the help so far guys! i really do appreciate it! going to buy the right tools the first time so i dont have to put mileage going to the store and back just to find the right tools!
you will probably find yourself looking for more tools the more you do more of your own repairs. You will never have every tool, trust me. for basic maintenance a basic tool kit is plenty though.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:21 PM

ur gonna love metric sizes. or if you dont yet ull have to learn to love them lol. also some custom tools for taking things apart like tie rod ends.. special tooling for certain things will ne required.. just depends on all waht yo uwana do but metric tooling is a definate
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:53 PM

ohhh forgot to update you guys but i ended up buying a nice ratchet and some sockets from harbor freight along with a screw driver set and what not.