Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

help evo8 wont start couple codes and ugly oil leak

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2012 | 11:45 PM

Exclamation help evo8 wont start couple codes and ugly oil leak

p0335,p0113,and p0107 with maf unplugged p0108 w maf plugged in car will turn over all day but will not start there is no fire to #1,2,3 or4 cylinder
plugs are new and im gettin fuel to the rail new crank sensor, all fuses and wiring harnes closely inspected ecu connections good idk what the hell the next step would be while looking around the engine for ANYTHING and noticed oil was all over the backside of motor and directly above where the head meets the engine block its dry and from it below is soaked exhaust side nothing at all intake side is cover bottom of oil pan evething very substantial oil leak idk if thi has anything to do with car not firing up but curious to know if i've floated the head or whats goin on
Old Dec 31, 2012 | 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

cam angie sensor? theres a couple of threads with these same codes that pointed to that problem. oil on the backside of block seems like a headgasket/ gasket problem. i would take it to a reputable shop if you dont want to do a teardown. good luck.
Old Jan 1, 2013 | 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Take it to a shop that works on evos and let us know the problem. Check for loose chargepipes and that oil leak just like the first responder said could be thats where its coming from the head check the coolant too to see if its brown. Keep me posted atleast dont drive the car have it towed to the shop.
Old Jan 2, 2013 | 04:37 AM

Idk any I'm a first time evo owner and don't know where to find a shop that works on them especially here in Tennessee i just need someone to point me in the right direction I've been a mechanic my whole life i can do the work its just that this car has stumped me any input would be greatly appreciated