Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Another evo improperly towed :( w/pix

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely was a service members car. Looks like a DoD decal on it.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terrible sight. I wonder the story behind the tow.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:19 PM

You'd think in most cases the owner would be there to watch them put it on the truck ..sucks
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

i would've stopped the truck like are you fcking kidding me it's a AWD car dumb ***
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

I would expect that each state is different, but here is an example of at least one law, that does in fact state that tow companies are liable for damage. In fact, the tow company has only 1 hour to respond once you call them to pick up your car, regardless of the hours of operation.

So if you really want to get back at them call 'em up at 2 a.m. lol

Vehicle entry for the purpose of removing the vehicle or vessel shall be allowed with reasonable care on the part of the person or firm towing the vehicle or vessel. Such person or firm shall be liable for any damage occasioned to the vehicle or vessel if such entry is not in accordance with the standard of reasonable care.

When a vehicle or vessel has been towed or removed pursuant to this section, it must be released to its owner or custodian within one hour after requested. Any vehicle or vessel owner or agent shall have the right to inspect the vehicle or vessel before accepting its return, and no release or waiver of any kind which would release the person or firm towing the vehicle or vessel from liability for damages noted by the owner or other legally authorized person at the time of the redemption may be required from any vehicle or vessel owner, custodian, or agent as a condition of release of the vehicle or vessel to its owner. A detailed, signed receipt showing the legal name of the company or person towing or removing the vehicle or vessel must be given to the person paying towing or storage charges at the time of payment, whether requested or not.
http://www.pbcgov.com/publicsafety/c...g/statelaw.htm
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thestig0711
Definitely was a service members car. Looks like a DoD decal on it.
You can see that decal in that rainy pic? Tri care hooked you up with cyborg vision. Lol
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
I would expect that each state is different, but here is an example of at least one law, that does in fact state that tow companies are liable for damage. In fact, the tow company has only 1 hour to respond once you call them to pick up your car, regardless of the hours of operation.

So if you really want to get back at them call 'em up at 2 a.m. lol

http://www.pbcgov.com/publicsafety/c...g/statelaw.htm
does this apply to towing without your consent? Like parking in a tow-away zone and they come scoop up your car without you knowing?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:46 AM

Ouch that is a sad thing to see
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

one time my friend and i found his evo lifted on a regular tow truck about to get towed. We stopped the guy and told him he was about to damage the car. He insisted that he didnt care and nothing would happen to the car. Then we told him we would pay the tow fee for him to drop the car and leave it there. We gathered the money we had in our pockets and were 3 dollars short. Well, he insisted on towing it over 3 dollars, so we parked another car in front of the tow truck and called the headquarters to ask them to approve the payment 3 dollars short to save them alot of money in repair. They of course agreed and they driver dropped the car.

This goes to show that some of these drivers dont give a damn or are just plain ignorant. Theres no telling how each company will handle the situation when it presents itself. Im sure some would own up to it and make things right, but most will probably deny any wrong doing and one would have to take the legal route. Sure the sticker can alert a driver who doesnt know better, but will he actually care once he sees it?

Best we can do is watch not to park in a restricted area where you wont get towed. And dont have someone tow your car unless you are there to see it. The sticker is a good idea also, it just wont mean anything in court in my opinion.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmoothCTR
one time my friend and i found his evo lifted on a regular tow truck about to get towed. We stopped the guy and told him he was about to damage the car. He insisted that he didnt care and nothing would happen to the car. Then we told him we would pay the tow fee for him to drop the car and leave it there. We gathered the money we had in our pockets and were 3 dollars short. Well, he insisted on towing it over 3 dollars, so we parked another car in front of the tow truck and called the headquarters to ask them to approve the payment 3 dollars short to save them alot of money in repair. They of course agreed and they driver dropped the car.

This goes to show that some of these drivers dont give a damn or are just plain ignorant. Theres no telling how each company will handle the situation when it presents itself. Im sure some would own up to it and make things right, but most will probably deny any wrong doing and one would have to take the legal route. Sure the sticker can alert a driver who doesnt know better, but will he actually care once he sees it?

Best we can do is watch not to park in a restricted area where you wont get towed. And dont have someone tow your car unless you are there to see it. The sticker is a good idea also, it just wont mean anything in court in my opinion.
that's when the driver gets an ***-beating
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Ohhhh Nooooooo...its still happening !!!!

Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ohh man. Someone is going to cry after pick that up
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
^^^ Used lambo for cheap like new
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

custom RWD conversion