Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Another evo improperly towed :( w/pix

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hate to see this. same thing happened to me and the towing company wasnt liable for anything, my insurance didnt pay anything either.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 237 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by ak47po
Put one of these stickers next to your vin on the windshield.

Cheap insurance.

kind of want this, but it'll only work if the tow driver gives a ****.. which they dont
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

this is depressing. my ex's subaru was destroyed being towed this way.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
seems like if you are parked in an illegal spot and you are towed, then they are not liable for damages. This makes sense, because you shouldn't have been parked there anyways, and it's not their job to cater to the person doing the illegal deed, but simply to get the car out of there as quickly as possible. Now if you are dumb enough to call a tow truck and not ask for a flatbed, or somehow allow your car to be towed away with a normal truck, then you deserve it. If my car was being towed it would never leave my sight... I'd be shotgun with the driver in the flatbed truck
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
seems like if you are parked in an illegal spot and you are towed, then they are not liable for damages. This makes sense, because you shouldn't have been parked there anyways, and it's not their job to cater to the person doing the illegal deed, but simply to get the car out of there as quickly as possible. Now if you are dumb enough to call a tow truck and not ask for a flatbed, or somehow allow your car to be towed away with a normal truck, then you deserve it. If my car was being towed it would never leave my sight... I'd be shotgun with the driver in the flatbed truck
The only thing anyone deserves is for you to keep living in Overland Park Kansas.

You ever been sick while someone put up temporary no parking signs for construction one day in advance? Hope that nyquil didn't knock you out, otherwise YOU DESERVE to have your car trashed for being so irresponsible.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Name User
The only thing anyone deserves is for you to keep living in Overland Park Kansas.

You ever been sick while someone put up temporary no parking signs for construction one day in advance? Hope that nyquil didn't knock you out, otherwise YOU DESERVE to have your car trashed for being so irresponsible.

LOL

thanks for the daily dose of laughter from internet forums

and I guess you didn't excel in reading comprehension... I said "deserve" in the context of let's say - you had a blow out in the Evo and are sitting on the side of the highway. You call a towtruck or AAA, whatever, and you forget to tell them to bring a flatbed because you have an AWD car. If you let them tow the car anyways, then you deserve it... understand? I never said people that park illegally deserve it. I said from the tow truck (and probably court) standpoint, you are the one doing the illegal activity, so it's not their job to cater to you and thus they will probably not sympathize with your situation...

If you need me to spell it out for you in any other way, just ask

Last edited by ILuvJDM; Jan 31, 2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Best opt for the yellow tow warning sticker from lancer shop, its bright and you can't miss it if you place it by the VIN number.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
im going to go kiss my evo real quick

this is like rape for an evo
Old Feb 1, 2013, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evotuner04
im going to go kiss my evo real quick

this is like rape for an evo
I witnessed a rape in progress and did nothing about it. Shame on me. Well... I did have more important matters to attend to at the time, so whatever.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
On the old dsm's and stealths they had ALL WHEEL DRIVE sticker on the window... Did the evo ever had any? I'm going to buy some if mitsu ever made it...
Old Feb 2, 2013, 02:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
LOL

thanks for the daily dose of laughter from internet forums

and I guess you didn't excel in reading comprehension... I said "deserve" in the context of let's say - you had a blow out in the Evo and are sitting on the side of the highway. You call a towtruck or AAA, whatever, and you forget to tell them to bring a flatbed because you have an AWD car. If you let them tow the car anyways, then you deserve it... understand? I never said people that park illegally deserve it. I said from the tow truck (and probably court) standpoint, you are the one doing the illegal activity, so it's not their job to cater to you and thus they will probably not sympathize with your situation...

If you need me to spell it out for you in any other way, just ask
You don't know everything, ill fill you in.
My wife's rdx turbo awd, was attempted to be towed for parking without displaying permit.
Well the rocket scientist of a tow driver attempted to hook up the truck, I pulled out the owners manual about towing. His attitude is I don't give a ****, I'm towing you. Guess what, he didnt tow anything. I called the cops & showed the part where it would be damaged without using a flatbed to tow. They made him drop it on the spot, gave hom a $20 drop fee. you gotta be around when they are going to tow or then your beat. Just because you are parked illegal dies not mean any tow company can damage your car because of it. They can only move it street side. That's it if they tow to the yard they are ****ed legally. To tell anyone yea I'm gonna wreck your car because you parked illegally, is irresponsible. Sorry, I'd Bury that tow company if they messed up my car in any way.

Last edited by Risky Guy; Feb 2, 2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by djdnav
same thing happened to me last month, they toasted a freshly built sheptrans/tcase
AAAAAGHGHGHGH! oh my gosh... that's so lame

tow guys make me nervous in general... anything they do; even just pulling me out of the snow bank makes me crazy nervous.