Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What's the best bumper protector for parallel parking?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you do get a pad just make sure you out in the trunk when your not parking. I see people driving around with them out all the time and it just looks ridiculous.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chu
You can find them all over. A ton of companies make them. A popular name that comes to mine is BENEN...oh my Honda days.
Cool. Thx
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:33 AM

Perfect. Thx
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by eastcoastoutlaw
If you do get a pad just make sure you out in the trunk when your not parking. I see people driving around with them out all the time and it just looks ridiculous.
Yesterday when I made that post I left a note to a truck driver that had parked LESS THAN AN INCH behind me, who I believe left the original scratches. Knowing it's minor damage that isn't worth insurance involvement I basically said "you should park more carefully, call me if you want to talk about it".

Today in the same spot I found two deep impact marks, again from the bolts of license plate frames at the same location, only this time they both ripped out about a qaurter sized chunk of paint, leaving behind the ripped up exposed plastic that the bumper is made of.

At this point I'm not concerned about looking ridiculous, or like a "douche" as a guy said on the last page. I'm more about taking a mother****ing hammer to every panel on this ****heads truck.

I can't prove it, either he did it deliberately to agitate me more, or people in this neighborhood are ****ed in the head. All I know is I'm going to come up with something, it's going to be huge, obnoxious, and super obvious when morons hit it. I don't care if it makes me look like some nutcase paranoid about his dirty little japanese fourbanger toyota-corolla-looking-thing. I'm keeping this car till I drop dead, it's not just some ****ing refridgerator to me.

What's the best bumper protector for parallel parking?-bfn0u.jpg

That's in ONE night of parking, that is ****ed up, imagine another 365 nights like this. Luckily I can hunt down spots on my street where cars can't park in front or behind me, though they're not always available.

Last edited by Name User; Jan 12, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm thinking of using a huge traffic cone covered in tar and feathers that's also attached to an array of these:

Name:  5B61T.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  7.9 KB

Maybe it'll wear a hat and become an automotive scarecrow.

Last edited by Name User; Jan 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Just weld a threaded nut in your crash bar and thread on a spear tip , helps with the tailgaters too
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chu
One of these...front and rear.

Is it just me or does this car look incredible?

As for you, OP. I deff understand what you are looking for. Coming from a native NY'er I feel for you having to park your car out on the street. In the city (NYC) it sometimes amazes me to see tons of brand new Mercedes-Benz, BMWs, Maseratis, etc all banged up on all panels from street parking. Cars from the city are ROUGH. 60k city miles is like 175k reg. miles.

You may want to try a search on Ebay, you never know what you can find on there. There is a strong possibility that you may be able to find several different things you can then fab together into what you are envisioning in your head. I wish you best of luck and post updates!