Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:17 PM
OC
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

So I've heard this is possible but I need help please. I have a viper 5901 installed everything works just fine. I do not have the remote start on it tho. No need. I have a GReddy Turbo Timer installed in my evo as well. As it stands right now my car cools off for 10 seconds then turns off and I am able to arm my evo. But I heard if I add a resistor somewhere I can trick my alarm into believe its off while its still running. I am wanting to arm my vehicle while its running. Reason being is that when I drive to the store and park I do not want to wait 10 seconds to arm it nor do I want to just turn it off. I just want to be able to park get out and arm it. While its "cooling off" arm it. Then when it fully turns off for it to stay armed. If anyone know how to do this it would be much appreciated if you shared your knowledge. I do not want to use the vipers turbo timer thats built in. I had the GReddy before the viper and do not want to take it out. Thanks you guys.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
U can use a relay to hide it so when the key is out and the car is running the alarm will think the car is off and will arm while idling I don't rem how I did mine but I google it.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
WOW people do **** so hard around here...

or, you just run the accessory wire from the alarm (red) to a wire in your ignition harness that loses power when the key is out and the turbo timer is running. If you can't find that, just tap into the 12V switched in your radio harness.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double post, see more relevant information here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...l#post10612796