Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Quaife Center differential clarification

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quaife Center differential clarification

ok so some of you know i got a center Differential to replace my busted *** OEM one for a Quaife ATB.. As PER Quaife website and many other sites that sell the center diff for an Evo 9, it is stated that the part # is QDH13B.. This is correct FOR ONLY THE 6 SPEEDS, the 5 speed W5M51 5 Speed Trans is a part number QDH11B, which is stated for the Evo 5,6,7 this is the correct center for 5 speeds since all 5 speeds are a W5M51, [diff years diff ratios is all] Same housing. The way its worded on all the sites you wouldnt know this, and many people suppling the part dont either. So to save all guys with a 5 speed who want a AWESOME Center diff, that you wont have to worry about and have a life time warrenty the part number is QDH11B. That will save you the time and hassle i just went thru.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Oh where was this post when I just ordered a QDH13B for my 5 speed Evo 8, based on Quaife's application guide on their website, only to be told by Ivey Tune today that it wasn't correct when they went to install it. Luckily the vendor who sold the diff to me has agreed to take it back after I explained how Quaife screwed this up on Quaife's website, and that the vendor had the same incorrect info listed as well.

Will at Ivey called Quaife US in an attempt to figure it out and talked to a guy named "Kevin", who couldn't clearly state what was going on. Last I heard Kevin was attempting to get in touch with Quaife UK for assistance in figuring out why this model didn't fit the specified list of cars. Too bad, because Quaife seems to be a good product. Just strange why Quaife wouldn't have their act together on their application information on their own webpage.

Thanks for this post and for getting the word out. I've contacted Quaife US in an attempt to point this problem out to them and get them to correct it on their website.

Last edited by EJEvo; Feb 6, 2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Adding detail