Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

financing???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2002, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah my cell phone didn't come up either when I ran a credit report. I have had the same account for 4 years. I don't think it counts.

silverkorn, do you remember the site you used for the credit report?

Last edited by Soleman20; Sep 19, 2002 at 12:02 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 06:30 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Soleman20
Yeah my cell phone didn't come up either when I ran a credit report. I have had the same account for 4 years. I don't think it counts.

silverkorn, do you remember the site you used for the credit report?
Some companies report, others don't. My company will not create a trade unless you go delinquent. As far as high Empirica scores...payment is almost everything. People with one cell phone sometimes end up with 700+ scores. Don't ask me why. Whoever created the system was obviously on mescalin or something. Go credit!
Old Jul 25, 2002, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Cell Phone Companies that DON'T report : Sprint and possibly Qwest

Cell Phone Companies that DO report: Voicestream, AT&T, Verizon
Old Jul 25, 2002, 11:32 PM

Finance companies also look at what the largest amount you have ever financed and how long you have been making payments, or if you have credit cards, what is the credit limit and how much of that credit limit you have charged up and paid off. Foe example, if you have a Discover card with a 10k limit, however the maximum you have ever charged the LOC to is a lower amount like 4k, then the 4k is the actual amount financed not the limit of 10k.

Just another example of what banks look at.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 01:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Hooby
Cell Phone Companies that DON'T report : Sprint and possibly Qwest

Cell Phone Companies that DO report: Voicestream, AT&T, Verizon
Strange. My cell phone record didn't come up on the report. I have Verizon. I opened the account back when it was Bell Atlantic.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 01:52 AM
Evolving Member

I have att cell phone, and it even went delinquent due to a billing miscommunication, and it didnt show up in my report (thank god!)

I was shocked to see such a good credit score... I was expecting like 100 or so...

maybe i can get some good financing when the evo rolls in
Old Jul 26, 2002, 03:14 AM
Evolved Member

Lightbulb Leasing

Hey does anyone know what kind of lease rates these cars have on say a 48month lease with 2000 down 12000miles per year. Calculating a loan for the car is very easy. However a lease is very difficult since the loan amount is determined by subtracting the estimated value of the car at the end of the leasefrom the MSRP. So if the car is worth 15000 after 48months than I just need a loan for the other 15000 plus interest.since im giving 2 thousand down thatll probly go toward tax licencing and ****.
so that leaves me at approx. 315 per month, right?
Old Jul 26, 2002, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Soleman20

Strange. My cell phone record didn't come up on the report. I have Verizon. I opened the account back when it was Bell Atlantic.
The Bell Atlantic issue is probably the reason why.

It's funny 'cause Sprint doesn't report the good stuff....only the bad. And the VAST majority of people who get Sprint at our stores are those who either A) have bad credit B) have no credit.....so they have no opportunity to repair the damage.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 06:36 AM

www.freecreditreport.com
they make you sign up, but once you get your free report quit the service or they charge you $70 a month for their service

as for my cell phone, mine is Verizon too. and when i got the credit report it didnt say anything about a cell phone on there.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by silverkorn
www.freecreditreport.com
they make you sign up, but once you get your free report quit the service or they charge you $70 a month for their service

as for my cell phone, mine is Verizon too. and when i got the credit report it didnt say anything about a cell phone on there.
weirdness....I'd give 'em a call. Everyone I've dealt with here in MN has said that Verizon DOES....including our Verizon rep.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Cingular

Do u guys have any info about Cingular?So far nobody mentioned it,so I figured that ,they DONT report(I hope).....
Old Jul 27, 2002, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Have had 2 visas (one platinum), one plat. mastercard, and $500/mo car payment, $100/mo cell payment and all KINDS of other things for over 3 years w/ no late or missed payments whatsoever, but still not on 'honor system' for credit rating because I still just don't have enough history. History is key and it takes a long freakin' time, I tell ya.
Old Jul 27, 2002, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Cingular

Originally posted by vittorio
Do u guys have any info about Cingular?So far nobody mentioned it,so I figured that ,they DONT report(I hope).....
Don't know.... they aren't in my market...