Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rear wiper stopped working, sprayer still works.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rear wiper stopped working, sprayer still works.

I checked the fuse and its good. I also check the wires by the motor. The are 4 wires, black is grounded, green does nothing, yellow gets 12 vols when the sprayer is turned on, and blue had 12 volts all the time. All the connections are clean with no corrosion. There are also no sounds from the motor. Any ideas?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:11 AM
Evolving Member

I really just need to know which wires should be getting power. Does anyone have a copy of the circuit diagram for the rear wiper assembly?

I have already searched regarding this issue. Also it was working last week, it just randomly stopped. Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your motor probibly went bad the wiring is super simple theres only 3 wire on the thing.

If you need a new wiper assebly let me know i have on for sale for $50 shipped.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SwishaSweet
Your motor probibly went bad the wiring is super simple theres only 3 wire on the thing.

If you need a new wiper assebly let me know i have on for sale for $50 shipped.
I appreciate the offer but I would like to do some diagnostics before just buying parts. It seems to me that when you turn the switch on, one of the wires should be getting power. That is what I am trying to figure out. Does anyone know?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

So I am assuming that you check everything in the switch up at the steering wheel? Have you tried another 12v power source?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Im gunna just Throw out some ideas
Fuse
use multimeter to see if your grounding out somewhere

if no multimeter Take a 12v battery and check at the pins of the plug.
Black is a ground and green is a ground Im 80% sure yellow is for intermintant wiper operation and the blue wire is for continuous wiper movement when the fluid is spraying on the window.

If youre going to test it at the plug make sure you run a wire from the green pin to the other green pin so you dont blow anything up.

Best thing method is to use a multimeter.

Hope this helps im just throwing out ideas to get you thinkin.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry just read your OP again. Sounds like youve hit all the bases pretty well.
Try the old school started motor trick of tapping it with a screw driver while is on, maybe the brushes got seized up.

If the motor isnt making any noise at all im guessing she may be dead. Do you have any evo buddies that are cool enough to pull there wiper for you to do a test?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of those wires at the connector for the rear wiper motor is obviously power. I have no idea which one it is, but there's an easy way to find out. Disconnect the connector at the motor, take your test light and ground it. Have an assistant run the rear wiper from the switch. While he's running it, probe the pins in the connector. If your test light lights up, you have power to the motor and your motor is bad. If it doesn't light up while the rear wiper is being operated, the motor is good and you have another problem. If your fuse is good, this is the first thing I would do. And I'm willing to bet the motor is bad based on your posts.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the tips guys!
Originally Posted by AJCaron12
One of those wires at the connector for the rear wiper motor is obviously power. I have no idea which one it is, but there's an easy way to find out. Disconnect the connector at the motor, take your test light and ground it. Have an assistant run the rear wiper from the switch. While he's running it, probe the pins in the connector. If your test light lights up, you have power to the motor and your motor is bad. If it doesn't light up while the rear wiper is being operated, the motor is good and you have another problem. If your fuse is good, this is the first thing I would do. And I'm willing to bet the motor is bad based on your posts.
I did that with a multi-meter and posted the results on my opening post. I just need to see a circuit diagram to confirm the readings and let me know if what I'm seeing is correct. If it is then I will know the wiring is good and just get a new motor. I do have an Evo buddy here, I can see if he will let me try swapping his motor.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your motor is bad.