Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

so after clutch install... :(

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you were driving your car how long were you in 5th gear. The reason is ask is because if the shop didn't fill your trans fluid properly, or at all, there is a reverse idler gear right next to the 5th gear. If there was little to no fluid it would take very little time for your 5th gear and reverse idler gear to basically weld themselves together and the car will basically become immovable in any forward gear because the reverse gear is trying to be engaged because of it binding on the 5th gear. Same thing happened to me, but I had a small hairline crack in my transmission case from something on the road and nearly all of the trans fluid slowly drained out and the car started to shake and felt like the brakes were being applied. So it would be a good idea for you to have both the trans and t-case taken apart completely to see if there is any internal damage. Also on a side note of the ACD system, if there is a pump failure or low fluid the ACD ECU will revert back to Tarmac mode and is completely fine to drive. The car may just not handle as sharply because essentially with out the ACD system it works the same as a 03-04 t-case.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Id like to meet this mechanic in a small alley and give him a nice refacing for all the evo owners who have dealt with horror stories and hack work like this. This actually makes me mad for u dude. Hope everything gets fixed and then some. And u should not have to for anything besides ur first clutch in the end.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

ya im with the first guy who said this type of thing is what horrifies me about shops, not only the price but the possibility of this headach,

glad i do my own work, really glad, sorry for the head ach and pain in the *** for the OP no one should have to deal with this
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:39 PM

If i were you i would go back to the shop and ask for refund on the labor because they messed your car on the most part rather than fixing it. If they refuse to do that call your credit card company and dispute the transaction and get your refund take the car to a new shop let them fix it proper man.

Sorry to hear that.