Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Spark plug cover fits COP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spark plug cover fits COP

Hey Guys,

I heard from another fellow Evo owner that there are Spark plug covers that fits the DIY COP mod. I was wondering if anyone knew specifically which one fits or made to fit? I did a few searches but I haven't found any that states it fits or was made for it.

If anyone knows, can link me, or anything that would be great!

Thanks,

Young
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
I think your stock one will work if not it plastic and you can probably make some minor modifactions. Why not just run it with out it? I think its actually cool looking, just dress up the wiring.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The diy cop from spoolin up uses coils that wont fit the spark plug cover, but maybe you can modify something to make it work but I've never seen anything like it.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Check out the DIY thread. If you use the tall coils you cannot fit it under the plate.

If you use the short yaris/prius coils, then you can fit it under ANY coil cover.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by hatesposers
Check out the DIY thread. If you use the tall coils you cannot fit it under the plate.

If you use the short yaris/prius coils, then you can fit it under ANY coil cover.
I'm currently using S2000 coils...They are long so it wont fit under the cover. Thanks for all the responses guys.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

I can't remember where I saw it, but there was a solution for the long coils... It was like the best of both worlds: a cover that bolts in the factory position, laying flush across, but had sections cut out for the tops of the coils to peak out. It was pretty nice.

If you can fab up some metal, you should be able to pull it off... Then make a second one and sell it to me
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by boostedmkiii
I can't remember where I saw it, but there was a solution for the long coils... It was like the best of both worlds: a cover that bolts in the factory position, laying flush across, but had sections cut out for the tops of the coils to peak out. It was pretty nice.

If you can fab up some metal, you should be able to pull it off... Then make a second one and sell it to me
Haha I wish, I saw in a modified mag from the looks of the picture Tomei Spark plug cover sits high but I'm not exactly sure if it clears it or just looks that way. Anyone here with the Tomei cover?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
As others have said its more dependent on the coils that you use. For example Spoolinup offers a couple of different kits. The one that fits under the cover uses coils where the wiring stays flat and the other kit the wiring goes up at an angle. If you want to hide them under the cover you must make a custom cover, hack up the stock one or use different coils.