Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anybody else here thinks evos are going downhill?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
Unhappy Anybody else here thinks evos are going downhill?

I mean already? I feel that these cars should hold such greater value. I have loved evos since the 7 style came out and i feel as if they have had theyr time and that they'v turned into nothing more than...dear i say it...a subaru! just this morning my buddy was going to work and saw two evo 8's just dailying, drivers were probably in there teens! you can take this thread how ever you like but it is sort of a vent. I have already decided im moving on to a different car. I just had to express this because this community still has so many great owners and i wanted to know if you guys felt the same. I sorta live in a "poser" infested city with college kids with rich parents so im not sure if its just where im from or what but it makes me sad. There used to be so much more about appreciation for the car and not about showing off in front of other people if you want to see what i mean just see for yourself, the local forum is called http://www.toptierimports.com/ i mean..theyr handing out business cards throughout the city to recruit members, ya sounds like a modeling agency right? Anyways Maybe the evo is just getting plain old or the community just changed or its just me. So goodbye my fellow evom members. Im officially packing it in for good
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nobody cares.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
Nobody cares.
you must be 16. perfect example thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anybody that buys an Evo for what anybody else drives or thinks about it is better off with another platform. The people who love Evos for the driving characteristics, raw handling, and ease of modification will continue to do so. As the car becomes older it is increasingly accessible to younger and often dumber owners... none of which impacts my desire to drive MY car. If you are concerned with the "crowd" that drives Evos might I recommend a Porsche.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIxoxo
you must be 16. perfect example thanks.
Oh man, 2edgy4me! It's a car I bought to enjoy for its attributes. Sounds like you view it as a status symbol and are trying to compensate for your lack of character. Insecure much?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

No. I don't think they're going down hill and I don't care who else owns a car like mine. I didn't buy it to impress any one else.

So, bye.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
ok.....bye bye
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It saddens me that you're letting a bunch or "poser" kids ruin your appreciation for such an amazing platform. There will always be spoiled rich kids driving cars they don't deserve but that shouldn't change anything. For me the Evo is a very personal experience and I take satisfaction in keeping it clean and tastefully modded. If someone rices out their Evo and acts the fool while driving it, that does not affect my experience with my car. In all seriousness it frustrates me when people overgeneralize that being a young Evo owner is somehow a detriment to the community. From my experience there are just as many idiotic drivers over 40 as there are under 25. Good luck on your hunt for another car.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GPTourer
No. I don't think they're going down hill and I don't care who else owns a car like mine. I didn't buy it to impress any one else.

So, bye.
This.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
Oh man, 2edgy4me! It's a car I bought to enjoy for its attributes. Sounds like you view it as a status symbol and are trying to compensate for your lack of character. Insecure much?
judgmental much? Its not about me, just like anything else community makes up the scene. Take hondas for example. You look at what type of people drive and modify those cars and you can put most of them in one bucket "cheap" right? The community has a huge effect on how YOU as an individual look at your own car. I personally got the car to work on modify and move on to the next evo. But relating to anyone else with an evo is hard since theyr all about looks.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It took me two years to find a good Evo VIII, I don't think i will every sell it or wont drive it. Evolution is a Excellent platform and beautiful Machine. I don't care about young kids or anybody else drives them, My Evo is special to me and my favorite car ( Else then a GTR ). I think its the person who loses interest in the car or start to like a different car.

^^^^^^ Ofcouse this is my opinion ^^^^^

Good luck on the new car buy