Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do-luck REP eBay lip kit for Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do-luck REP eBay lip kit for Evo 8

Okay,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-05-EVO-8-...30619793913%26

This is the lip where I got from.

I wanted to try eBay Poly urethane lip kit since the price was very affordable $100 ish, it tunred out great ! the lip kit itself is very flexible ( felt like hard rubber..lol ) and it looked like it was ' BENT 'or 'TWISTED' when I first got it, but it is just the way it is.

The fitment of this lip kit is great, but it's really tight fit. All you have to do is line up the hole where you are going to drill, and then push it down so there's no gap between the bumper and lip. ( I suggest you to do this on the carpet or any soft material ) I did the install from the edge - edge, but I don't think it really matters as long as you line up well. I did install all by myself, so it was a little bit pain in the ***, but it can be done ! Oh, and you HAVE TO take off the bumper for tight fit.

** You are going to re-use your stock lip screws, so no need any hardwares. All you need is drill cuz it's not pre-drilled ! **

Color of the lip kit is hmm... faded black? However, I don't think I'm going to paint it cuz I like the look way it is.

Last edited by akqowns; Jan 31, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry for crappy phone pix, but it looks pretty decent in person
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look good but should have got it painted black so it doesn't fad. Also good to know that it fits well.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
looks good man
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Haha I probably just gonna go get some clear coat then just coat it few layers. I like how black lip looks on white bumper..
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:01 PM

I bought mine from eBay seller bayson r. I thought the raw plastic would look bad on my car so I painted it TB to match my car. Fitment is pretty good a bit of a stretch to fit and there are two little buldges on the inderside you cant see but they bug me a bit. I put 1 screw in the middle and worked from the middle out. Only thing I didn't like was those crappy brackets that are supposed to go from the lip to undertray. I didn't use them I just looped zip ties from the lip to the undertray for now. Here's a pic of mine
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 95gst16g
I bought mine from eBay seller bayson r. I thought the raw plastic would look bad on my car so I painted it TB to match my car. Fitment is pretty good a bit of a stretch to fit and there are two little buldges on the inderside you cant see but they bug me a bit. I put 1 screw in the middle and worked from the middle out. Only thing I didn't like was those crappy brackets that are supposed to go from the lip to undertray. I didn't use them I just looped zip ties from the lip to the undertray for now. Here's a pic of mine

what was the price on this one??
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

I got mine from BasonR too.
Paint matched lip looks good on Black bumper !
Seems like they make pretty good quality replicas that fit well

Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

His and mine are same ones that are listed $144 on eBay !
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:11 PM

Ummm I think like 160? Idk I just bought it last week but I can't even remember. Bought the ETS ic too. Got the lip Thursday took it to work and painted it Friday got home and my etc ic was on the doorstep. So I went out to the shop and put it all on.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:13 PM

Thanks,if my car was white I think I might just paint it gloss black. I like the white with black lip
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:16 PM

Also did you use those brackets? I got fed up and just used zip ties for now. I might fab some up one day but zip ties are doing a good job and it was fast.

I also have the bayson r carbon fiber trunk lip on my car and that fit well also.

Last edited by 95gst16g; Jan 31, 2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Yea baysonR used to make JDM rep rear bumper as well, and they all said the best rep in the market.

I didn't use brackets that were on lip kit, cuz I don't have a undertray .. lol

I was wondering if I have to paint it black then coat with gloss finish, or I can just coat without painting it
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:39 PM

I would clean it with alcohol then scotchbrite the thing really good then clean with alcohol again,paint it black then clear it. I did that,used black sealer,then used some single stage Tarmac black. My lip felt really greasy and was all ugly black/white faded
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Also did you use those brackets? I got fed up and just used zip ties for now. I might fab some up one day but zip ties are doing a good job and it was fast.

I also have the bayson r carbon fiber trunk lip on my car and that fit well also.
Those brackets sucked and the bayson R lip didn't work at all with my beatrush under tray.

I fixed it and once properly installed it was quite sturdy and looked great. you can see pics of the install here http://www.conedogers.com/2012/03/11/front-lip-install/

overall I was pleased with the front lip

Last edited by chrisw; Oct 1, 2014 at 11:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Do-luck REP eBay lip kit for Evo 8