Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Any one had any luck selling their Evo on eBay?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one had any luck selling their Evo on eBay?

I'm currently in the process of selling my VIII for another Evo, I've had plenty of luck selling cars privately in a timely fashion over the years, but I've never experienced more interest and less serious buyers in my life. (No offense to the few of you I've met with, I understand circumstances change, I appreciate those who graciously bowed out.) But I've had four or five PM's the last three days with individuals making cash offers and then replying "let me see if I can get a loan".
Sorry to any who find that offensive, but I'm tired of people offering money they don't have for cars they haven't even taken time to see, not to mention I listed my number (something I don't usually do) to expedite the buying process and avoid the long, drawn out imprecise act of PM exchange. (Naturally, many "less serious" (hate to sterotype, but I've had a good track record of "feeling out" 'buyers') buyers still use that route, adding to my frustration.)

I'll stop ranting now and get to the purpose.
I have never sold or purchased a car on eBay, but I'm very familiar with selling privately through a variety of internet sources.

I'm looking for Evo sold on ebay feedback here..
Who's done it?
Successful / unsuccessful?
How much does it cost for the listing?
-Is it dependent on if it sells?
Worth an attempt or just another headache?

I'm only pushing to get this one sold to pick up another (before I miss out) in a very timely fashion, otherwise I'd let time-wasters roll off my back like I usually do.
Ebay seems to move fast, but I'm worried it'd be more frustration and more money thrown away. Any feedback from those who have done it is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Has to be a few as I bought mine off Ebay in 2006 as well as 2 motorcycles and in 2005 and 2012.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

I essentially bought mine off ebay but ended up paying in person and seeing it first.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Ebay classifed ads are free, its when you list it nationaly its starts costing Cash$$
Ive never had luck selling a Car on ebay, to many low ballers i actualy got more money for a car i was trying to sell, selling it back to the dealership i got it from.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blowngasket
I think Ebay classifed ads are free, its when you list it nationaly its starts costing Cash$$
Ive never had luck selling a Car on ebay, to many low ballers i actualy got more money for a car i was trying to sell, selling it back to the dealership i got it from.
That's kinda what I expected, I get enough low ballers and time wasters on here for free. I've used eBay classifieds before for a few different cars and never got a single contact, I'm not sure anyone uses it lol.
Nice work reselling your car, seems to be a rare circumstance.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android