Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8, salvage question.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8, salvage question.

Alright, i want to buy a salvaged title evo soon, and i got few questions, we have this law in illinois that if you buy a salvaged evo, you have to have a legal mechanic/shop rebuild it for you, if it's rebuild and everything set, you set an appointment with the dmv and they have to look over your car jada jada jada, and then if everything is alright they change the title from salvage to rebuilt. My uncle owns a truck shop where they fix trucks and stuff, and my dad works there, is it possible that my dad could rebuild it there, and bring all the paperwork to the dmv, or should i just find a professional shop where they rebuild cars?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by New_kid
Alright, i want to buy a salvaged title evo soon, and i got few questions, we have this law in illinois that if you buy a salvaged evo, you have to have a legal mechanic/shop rebuild it for you, if it's rebuild and everything set, you set an appointment with the dmv and they have to look over your car jada jada jada, and then if everything is alright they change the title from salvage to rebuilt. My uncle owns a truck shop where they fix trucks and stuff, and my dad works there, is it possible that my dad could rebuild it there, and bring all the paperwork to the dmv, or should i just find a professional shop where they rebuild cars?
Your better off callling the sate on that, all you need is a rebuilt Evo from your Dad and something aint rt... my guess is you dad will kill you before the state finishes the paperwork.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

I am fairly sure all you need to do is fix the car and have it inspected. Keep all reciepts. If it passes inspection they will issue a rebuilt title. Best bet is to ask a DMV worker for the best advice.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by meckert
Your better off callling the sate on that, all you need is a rebuilt Evo from your Dad and something aint rt... my guess is you dad will kill you before the state finishes the paperwork.
Haha, he will not he said do it if you want ill help you out with the rebuild

Originally Posted by craig05evo
I am fairly sure all you need to do is fix the car and have it inspected. Keep all reciepts. If it passes inspection they will issue a rebuilt title. Best bet is to ask a DMV worker for the best advice.
Thanks, and i wil try and talk to them once i got time.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 06:26 PM

Anyone know any licensed rebuilders in illinois?