Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

$21.95 Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$21.95 Oil Change

My dealer sends a mass mailing every 5-6 weeks. I usually throw them away because I go to AMS for oil changes. I looked at this one and it says "27 Point Inspection and Lube, Oil, Filter Change, Sale Price $21.95".

The only fine print is 1) Not valid with any other offer 2) Only valid at XYZ Dealer and 3) Expires 60 days from the date of the letter. Nothing like, "Not valid on the Evo" or "Synthetic oil extra".

I'm going to get me a $22 oil change! I know enough about truth in advertising and how they need to honor what they offer. That's less than half price. And they know better than to use regular Mobil.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

thats not a bad deal considering having the change in a delaership
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Good deal, that's almost 1/3rd the price I paid for my first oil change, which I won't pay again. I'm buying my oil @ Walmart from now on.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

You better make sure they put Mobil 1 in (which I don't think they will because $21.95 is usually what a normal oil change cost at the dealer)
Old Feb 13, 2004, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck with that. I'd put down a c note saying they will deny you the change for that price though.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor

mobil 1 box of 6 quarts would cost the dealer more than 21.95, no chance of you getting that thats for regular oil. youre looking more toward 40+ especially from a dealer.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 05:01 PM

I say go for it! I got a coupon in the mail from the dealer where I bought my car for a FREE first oil change (the coupon said that my car should be due for it's first oil change around the end of March....the coupon expires 2-29-04...I see they are hoping that I wouldn't notice the due date overlapped the expiration date so I would walk in expecting a free oil change, then end up having to pay!). I was also looking for the "excludes Evo" disclaimer but it was not there. I took it in and they did it. All I had to do was sign. It says on the ticket "Mobil 1 Synthetic installed" so as far as I know they installed the right oil. I don't see why they would put anything other than Mobil 1 Synthetic in because if something happened to the engine related to the oil , it would be their ***! That oil change they paid for would end up costing them a hella more money if they tried to pull a fast one on me.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 08:18 PM
choad

I think you should mention it to the dealer so they correct the typo..it would be the right thing to do.

Dealers screw everyone so we might as well get them back by taking advantage of a cheap oil change..right?
Old Mar 6, 2004, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Got my Oil Change

The original $21.95 coupon they sent me expired, but they sent me another one. I went there on Wednesday and I showed the coupon to the guy. We went back a forth for a couple of minutes and he wound up honoring the price. So I got a $21.95 dealer oil change. And yes, the receipts says synthetic oil was used.

I'll be going right back if they send me another coupon!