Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

nice intercooler

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Odd, it's working for me :\ It's a really cool video. Anyone else?
Sorry about that. Didn't work on the iPad, but it worked once I got back on the computer Cool video though, thanks for sharing!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Duck851
Just ordered an ETS 4'" for my 8 last night, can't wait to get it and finally install my ETS licp along with it
Ets 4 inch ftw! Highly reccomended
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Works for me.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ive seen locals run the obx with no problems, but take that with a grain of salt.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evotuner04
Ive seen locals run the obx with no problems, but take that with a grain of salt.
what do you mean by "no problems"? their car didn't blow up?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

ETS 3.5 or 4" & you can have them anodized !
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jvlazzar
what do you mean by "no problems"? their car didn't blow up?
It means what it means, did the job and put down power. Although the thread by buschur does make a great point. They may make good power but whats the temp after longs runs?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by triple L
WOW!! this was very good info... and LOL them intercoolers look almost exactly the same!!
I don't think I can fully believe his test. He say that the eBay fmic make 60 degree more than the ams fmic!!! That totally bs in my belief....if they have the same thickness n not even have to have the same size...then maybe 20-30 degree more,then I would believe it. Oh and by the way, they sell those expensive product so they try to make all the other guys look bad..... I know I can smell a rat!!!
I wish there are some shop out there, that would actually do another test... But this time video it and put on the same size intercooler on each!!!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

I run an obx intercooler and it does well with my car, granted its not the best, but from what i've seen is the core looks like the same design that ets uses and that's the main reason why I bought it.

I do have a major complaint with it though, the fitment sucks (must use washers or spacers to fit it) and i've known of 2 other evos that have fitment problems as well.

Granted I'm no intercooler guru, and i'm sure there are better quality intercoolers out there, the obx holds its own imo
Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by triple L
+1 nice!! let me know about fitment once you have it on
Fitment was great. A little trimming of the bumper and that was all. I did leave the crash beam off for right now. But I did hold the crash beam in place and it looks like it will fit very easily with some quick trimming and or spacing. It was just too cold to mess around any longer!
Oh and the 4" dwarfs the stock intercooler!

not the best pics....

Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

I am amazed at how many people lie to themselves trying to justify making a horrible purchase.

So you buy a cheap intercooler and make power over stock and that qualifies it as being "good"? Just because a core looks similar to the name brand parts doesnt mean it performs like it. Its even more funny that buschur has proved the knock offs to be junk, 100% proof, and yet people still make excuses by saying, oh that test is old, blah blah blah.....

In my eyes, an intercooler is a relatively cheap purchase when upgrading an evo, and still people cant shell out the cash. You save money now on a cheap intercooler, to put towards another part to try to make more power, but when you take the next step, realize that the intercooler is now holding you back and limiting your power gains and you just wasted your money in the first place. But hey,at least your evo looks like a race car now driving down the road
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
I am amazed at how many people lie to themselves trying to justify making a horrible purchase.

So you buy a cheap intercooler and make power over stock and that qualifies it as being "good"? Just because a core looks similar to the name brand parts doesnt mean it performs like it. Its even more funny that buschur has proved the knock offs to be junk, 100% proof, and yet people still make excuses by saying, oh that test is old, blah blah blah.....

In my eyes, an intercooler is a relatively cheap purchase when upgrading an evo, and still people cant shell out the cash. You save money now on a cheap intercooler, to put towards another part to try to make more power, but when you take the next step, realize that the intercooler is now holding you back and limiting your power gains and you just wasted your money in the first place. But hey,at least your evo looks like a race car now driving down the road
I agree that a lot of the knock offs are in fact junk. Fortunately, we're using a fin pack designed to our specs for our intercooler vs most ebay guys who tend to use whatever cheap core they can get their hands on.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:45 PM

get the VRSF or the ETS.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BoneEvo9
get the VRSF or the ETS.

Agreed
Old Apr 17, 2013, 08:14 PM

Just got my 4" VRSF intercooler and Muse LICP from Tiago at VR-Speed.com today and just mounted them a few hours ago.... I replaced my old TurboXS 3.5" one and my Injen LICP (FINALLY) ....let me tell you... This thing fits so nicely under the crash beam that all I had to do was slip it from under it... Without touching anything else, I went for a test drive ....my evo seems to be spooling up faster and is now peaking at an extra 1-2 psi ....I will probably need to be retuned but overall I am happy with my purchase.... The only hiccup and gripe that I had, was that the supplied couplings were an inch too short on the Muse Lower-side and 3/4" too short on the Injen Upper-side ( Hey Tiago: take notes, make your silicone couplings an inch longer please ) ........lucky for me, I remembered I had some extra 2.5"-3.0" 45 degree silicone reducer bends laying around ....just wasted an hour trying and trying to get my pipes to line up, and another 30 mins looking for my spare couplings in the garage ... I will let you all know how my tune goes, when I get over to my boys over at Ivey Tune...

Quick Reply: nice intercooler