Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bust my Evo's cherry?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bust my Evo's cherry?

My Evo is booone stock. I am thinking of doing the deed and doing something to her...

1) Repack the Diff properly.
2) Relocate battery to trunk.

It has aftermarket stereo and Viper alarm so it's not technically totally stock is it?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alarm and stereo is still stock in terms of evos at least i would say.

Have fun with poppin her cherry
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dozena
My Evo is booone stock. I am thinking of doing the deed and doing something to her...

1) Repack the Diff properly.
2) Relocate battery to trunk.

It has aftermarket stereo and Viper alarm so it's not technically totally stock is it?
Fixing the diff is definitely a very good change. If you are pulling the diff anyway, its worth considering the extra couple hundred bucks to get a 12-plate diff instead of re-stacking the OEM plates. I have the Weir Performance 12-plate that I'm quite happy with.

I would recommend against doing a battery relocation. If you are trying to do weight reduction there are lots of better options, and a battery relocation is going to run some amount of wire to reach the new location cutting into the benefit of moving it in the first place. You would be better off just putting in a lightweight battery instead.

Consider a couple bolt-ons and a good tune as it really transforms the car. When I first got my Evo I had an exhaust/intake/intercooler and a tune and made over 300 whp on 93 octane with the stock 9 turbo.