Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stock to Rally'ish suspension?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock to Rally'ish suspension?

There is a semi-formal 'rally*' coming up and I would like to take my Evo to these events. They are a ton of fun and my regular old Sentra (daily driver) would do great there, but I'm scared to take the Evo (too low).

Is there a way to raise the suspension a few inches? Can I buy cheapo coilovers and crank them up or will that not work (I suspect not as the shocks won't do anything).

*rally; might be a little formal term. It's basically rip around in the dirt, with some whoops, mud, and fun stuff like that. Ruts usually get dug in so a stock Evo would be dead meat. BUT, I do see WRX's there.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1. You're probably referring to RallyX.
2. The stock Evo suspension is "raised" in the front "for this". If you take your lower lip off, and have good skid protection, I think you'd be fine.
3. Rather than raise the suspension, you'll probably be better off getting some higher profile tires (snows) and going from there.

Buying a crappy suspension just to raise your car for RallyX is a horrible misappropriation of funds.