Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Intake for 35r

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake for 35r

Currently have an ETS jntake. Made for stock turbo though.

I'm running maf still, want to get an intake made for 35r and maf without recirculate

Anyone have leads for a just a pipe basically?

edit-

found what i was looking for. anyone else looking for a 3" intake that can have the BOV recirc or not jmfabrications

http://www.jmfabrications.com/store/...take-Pipe.html

Last edited by phrequenc; Mar 3, 2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maf without recirculating ? Are you going speed density any time soon ? Why not just buy a 4in intake w/o recirculating after you've gone speed density!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

No Speed density and I'm on stock ecu
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you are not going to speed density then you need to recirculate the blow off valve.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Not looking for opinions on recirculating or not. Just looking to see if anyone knows who sells what I'm looking for.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:40 AM

I think STM has one that will work for you. Let me get link.

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...e_pipe_maf.htm

EDIT: I just saw without recirculating

Last edited by Riddle; Feb 24, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the effort
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It is not an opinion, anyone that knows what they are doing modifying the car knows that you don't vent to atmosphere on MAF with the Evo. You are going to create issues for yourself by helping the car run like poo. I'm commenting to help you not do stupid crap to the car.

Last edited by evo8426; Feb 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
It is not an opinion, anyone that knows what they are doing modifying the car knows that you don't vent to atmosphere on MAF with the Evo. You are going to create issues for yourself by helping the car run like poo. I'm commenting to help you not do stupid crap to the car.
he drives a cobalt, this one can't be saved.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by illest_evo
Not looking for opinions on recirculating or not. Just looking to see if anyone knows who sells what I'm looking for.
Found this in a different thread. Anyways, enjoy your VTA, especially if you're running a turbo like a 35R. His "opinion" is to help you understand you need recirc on a MAF car. If you want VTA properly without problems like stalling, you need speed density.

Originally Posted by sbdemon
Found this on the web hope it helps:

Blowoff valves are used to prevent compressor surge. Compressor surge is a phenomenon that occurs when lifting off the throttle of a turbocharged car (with a non-existent or faulty bypass valve). When the throttle plate on a turbocharged engine closes, high pressure in the intake system has nowhere to go. It is forced to travel back to the turbocharger in the form of a pressure wave. This results in the wheel rapidly decreasing speed and stalling. The driver will notice a fluttering air sound. On a car equipped with a mass airflow sensor located prior to the blowoff valve, venting to atmosphere confuses the engine control unit (ECU) of the car. The ECU is told it has a specific amount of air in the intake system, and injects fuel accordingly. The amount of air released by the blowoff valve is not taken into consideration and the engine runs rich for a period of time. Typically this isn't a major issue, but sometimes it can lead to hesitation or stalling of the engine when the throttle is closed. This situation worsens with higher boost pressures. Eventually this can foul spark plugs and destroy the catalytic converter (when running rich, not all the fuel is properly burned in the cylinder which can allow unburned fuel to combust upon contact with and melt the converter or to cause incompletely combusted fuel to leave heavy carbon deposits).
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Why does he need to recirculate exactly? First off, it is 2013. The days of MAF / vta bov issues are long over. You have nothing to worry about illest_evo. You might get a little compressor surge, but i am pretty sure that is why they make springs that vary in strength to prevent it fully. I have been VTA on a MAF for 5 years. Please tell me how that hurt.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jvlazzar
he drives a cobalt, this one can't be saved.
LOL

he also has the mad tyte JDM newbie driver symbol as his avatar
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

Bump. Still haven't found one.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

people are still running a maf? I suppose you could Fab some stuff up for that application.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Many people can and DO run VTA, w/ MAF nowadays.. Not saying this is the best method, but it's not as terrible as others were suggesting. You can probably fab something up yourself for cheap, as Blownheadgasket suggested. Or at least have a shop mock you up one.. Go for it man. Everyone that had posted, was just trying help you out from experience btw. Why no SD or is there any particular reason you wanted to stay with MAF and have a VTA BOV ?

Last edited by BEKevo; Feb 26, 2013 at 07:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Intake for 35r