Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

track junkies, I have a question about front member power brace.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
track junkies, I have a question about front member power brace.

I have a quick question to all guys that track and Autocross their cars.

I Autocross my car during weekend and go to track occasionally. I haven't seen any reviews about the cusco brace other than "it looks good" or "it looks nice"

Now before I buy it, I wanted to ask the guys that have it and don't have it that track their car. Do you guys feel the difference or should I just stick to front crash beam?

Keep in mind that I want to keep the car for a VERY LONG time so I want it to feel the chassis as close to when I bought it.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do not track my car... yet... still being built...

However I do have this brace... I bought it for a few reasons... A.)Its better then running no crash beam at all with my FMIC setup. B.) Technically makes my car legal running without a bumper(I do not do this, but the car doesn't get on the trailer without it) C.) aggressive look. D.) more stiffness.

Now this brace is adding extra bracing in the front, however being able to notice a difference, I could not when I had the car on the road for a limited time... I have many other braces, including an AutoPower cage so the car is extremely stiff and rigid already.

99.9% confident if I added this before my other braces I wouldn't notice a difference, but down to a science, yes, I'm sure it stiffens the chassis, maybe a little, maybe a lot.. but noticeable, no way.

sorry if this helps, otherwise just a rant
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya i dont think your going to "feel" any real improvement, It will be there, just not enough of you to really know the difference.

I got mine mainly for putting a crash beam back in like pssst.