Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8 Head and Block Heat Soak Temp Info.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo 8 Head and Block Heat Soak Temp Info.

Hello Evolutionm.

I am trying to do some research into the temperatures heat soak of the block and head. Under normal driving and hard to extreme driving. (anyone have a running evo's that has a laser thermometer?

I would like to discuss temperatures with any combination of the following. on a Evo 8 (non-Mivec) stock, mild, and wild builds. Full Size Radiator half size radiators. Stock, low and or high rpm radiator fans. Small, Stock frame manifolds W/ an W/o manifold shield, large frame Manifolds.

I hope this enough information to get a conversation going.

Thanks,
Steven

Last edited by s240ka24t; Mar 7, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What type of research are you doing?

What types of readings do you want?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well many different purposes for looking into this subject. 1 off the top wich is a direct link to my next step in my build Head tempratures and the use of Aluma Blast by: Eastwood Coatings.

I also want to know cause I might be making a thinner profile radiator (custom made) dual pass full size radiator to allow more room between the compressor housing of a larger turbo. maybe just some small fab to allow more room. (notching the upper core support) Would like to make a flush mount to go inbetween the upper radiator support and lower support for flush fitment near invisiable. also re routing radiator lines for cleaner appearance. Ways to keep temprature down more stabalized new location for oil cooler power steering cooler just wondering what tempratures this engine makes at hard and mild oporation.

I know things like turbine housing, blankets exhaust shields for oem manifolds, ceramic coating, are all ways to cut heat To some this research would seem fruitless but to someone with crazy OCD and the desire to do things right "the first time" , design or give ideas to others or information seems worth it. or mearly inspire somone to do something new and creative.

I Intent to for sure Aluma Blast the Transmission, aluma blast is a great product but very temermental to head around and over 300 degreese.

I really need to know what the tempratureof the head, block, and, transmission and thermostate housing are under heavy use conditions. Any information or ideas is greatly apprishated and welcomed.

Thanks,
Steven
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by s240ka24t
Well many different purposes for looking into this subject. 1 off the top wich is a direct link to my next step in my build Head tempratures and the use of Aluma Blast by: Eastwood Coatings.

I also want to know cause I might be making a thinner profile radiator (custom made) dual pass full size radiator to allow more room between the compressor housing of a larger turbo. maybe just some small fab to allow more room. (notching the upper core support) Would like to make a flush mount to go inbetween the upper radiator support and lower support for flush fitment near invisiable. also re routing radiator lines for cleaner appearance. Ways to keep temprature down more stabalized new location for oil cooler power steering cooler just wondering what tempratures this engine makes at hard and mild oporation.

I know things like turbine housing, blankets exhaust shields for oem manifolds, ceramic coating, are all ways to cut heat To some this research would seem fruitless but to someone with crazy OCD and the desire to do things right "the first time" , design or give ideas to others or information seems worth it. or mearly inspire somone to do something new and creative.

I Intent to for sure Aluma Blast the Transmission, aluma blast is a great product but very temermental to head around and over 300 degreese.

I really need to know what the tempratureof the head, block, and, transmission and thermostate housing are under heavy use conditions. Any information or ideas is greatly apprishated and welcomed.

Thanks,
Steven
This would definitely be some good info to know for sure.