Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Evo VIII, I saw it, touched it..trust me!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2002, 12:01 PM
AJF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post The Evo VIII, I saw it, touched it..trust me!

LISTEN TO ME!!! HEAR ME OUT!!!
My father is a Mitsubishi dealer. I saw the REAL Evo VIII in Las Vegas when he took me to the business functions. Now, understand this, the front end of the Evo VIII doesn't look like the Evo VII, infact, on the back of the vehicle, the tag only says in silver letters, "EVOLUTION",
no "number" tags after that. The front end has a mix of a Galant type Mitsubishi Insignia on the front, but it curved like an Acura RSX. The air intake is not two seperate intakes with body between them. Its one whole intake stretched the whole way the size of the Evo VII's. The car in the rear like I described the identification tag. The wing, spoiler, whatever, is very high, like the Evo VII's, BUT the horizontal piece is standard carbon fiber. The car is the same size as an OZ, it weighs less than an EVO VII. The engine is turbocharged and intercooled with Alum. block and heads. Brembo brakes, and Recaro seats in both front and back. 5 speed, yes 5 speed. 17 in. OZ wheels. Its AWD, but still questions weither it has active differentials. 250 horse power. Three spoke steering wheel. I can't tell you much about the inside because at the dealer's introduction to the cars, all cars were locked. The price will be at the lowest $30,000 then ranging up to $37,000. Now, The EVO is
one of two packages, as there is now another Lancer a step up from the OZ. This Lancer looks different from the OZ, similar to the EVO, but less of an engine that the EVO, more than the OZ. ALSO>>>there will be two new SUV's from Mitsubishi, The "Outlander", and another I cannot recall the name of, but its sized between the Montero, and the Montero Sport, about the size of a GMC Envoy. There is a new Galant coming out, thats all I know about that. The Lancer OZ is coming with options now too for stainless steel exhaust and a sunroof. Again, pictures of the EVO VIII have NOT BEEN RELEASED YET!! As you went into the ballroom at the Bellagio in Las Vegas to see the 2003 lineup, if they saw you had a camera, they took it, and if they saw you sneaked one into the ballroom, it was taken. So don't believe any pictures or people who say they have pictures, cause its bull. If you have any questions just
E-mail me at> Blues408@aol.com
Thanks for reading...AJF
Old Jul 26, 2002, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Is what you said just another rumor? If not, will the Evo VIII be released here, or will we go through the same crap we are going through with the Evo VII? If this is legit, when will we at last be seeing pics of the REAL Evo VIII?

Last edited by 2 point 0; Jul 26, 2002 at 12:13 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 12:27 PM
AJF

Its legit I swear

Ight, no its not a rumor, I swear on my life. Now, Its coming out no earlier than January of 2003. And no later than June of 2003. Its a PRODUCTION CAR now. So yes, it will be at your dealer. This car will not be a long lasting car. Only for maybe at the very longest 10 years I'd say, because it is a statement car...just like the 3000GT.
I'll talk about this untill it comes out if u want.
AJF
Old Jul 26, 2002, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Do you have any idea when will release pics and specs of the EvoVIII?
Old Jul 26, 2002, 03:17 PM

Do you know anything about the evo a step up from the OZ? Will it be upgradable (self done of course) to match the evoVIII? And what's the price range on that?
Old Jul 26, 2002, 05:33 PM

Pictures .... pictures .... pictures.

I dont mind if they did a good job as far as for cosmetic look. Just dont make the car like a soup up Neon or a like.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 08:21 PM

I've seen a picture (not a photo) of an EVO VIII in last Mays issue of Automobile magazine. It has a series 1 BMW on the cover. The EVO VIII was in a sneak preview article along with other soon to be released autos. The only similarities I saw from the Galant was the grill. The Galant's grill has the triangular center with the mitsubishi symbol, so does the EVO VIII. And the grill also has a RSX curve to it which looks kind of sweet. I have a pretty good idea I found a match.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 09:05 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
does it look like this!
Attached Thumbnails The Evo VIII, I saw it, touched it..trust me!-evo8.jpg  
Old Jul 26, 2002, 11:59 PM

YES SAH!!!!!!!!!! BINGO!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 27, 2002, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

while we're at it, can you also provide pics of the crashed UFO from Roswell New Mexico, Big Foot and Elvis eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich. j/k
Old Jul 27, 2002, 11:25 AM
AJF

EXTREMELY CLOSE EVO VIII PIC!!!!!

Dude that is almost the exact....but......the headlights are the Lancer Style, with the air intake as one piece, no cool air intake on the hood at all, and no front liscense plate thingy.....other than that....thats the EVO VIII!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 27, 2002, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Is it just me... or is that kinda, um well, ugly?

Thanks for the info, still, I pray every night that we get a complete EVO7. But by posts like this you have all shatterd my dreams.. Damn you all to hell!
Old Jul 27, 2002, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

umm if thats evo... then im sorta glad i didnt exactly wait for it... not counting the cost... insurance and etc... i think that car is so freaken ugly... my oz looks a hell a lot better... but thats my opinion...
Old Jul 27, 2002, 12:12 PM

couldnt agree more, what are they thinking?!?!?!
Old Jul 27, 2002, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

These Evo pics are ugly. I think they should make the next Evo like the Evo VI. That would be awesome.

Quick Reply: The Evo VIII, I saw it, touched it..trust me!