Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car won't start.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car won't start.

Hey guys,

Tonight I went over to a friends place to visit for a couple of hours. The car has been running perfectly for months and drove perfectly all day and tonight to my friends place. I went to leave tonight and put my keys in and the dash lit up like normal when the key was put to the accessories setting and I heard my fuel pump prime as usual but when I turned the key to start the car, nothing happened and the dash lights went out.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but didn't get a chance to check much else in the dark and without tools. The doors lock and unlock fine and the lights and horn work but other than that, I have no power. When I turn the key to accessories, on or start, the dash doesn't even light up and the car won't crank. Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this to help me narrow down my search when I get to it tomorrow?

Thanks.

Adam.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By chance did you leave something on that might have drained the battery? Did you try jumping it?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 07:57 PM

I didn't leave anything on and it's a new battery as of a couple of months ago. I haven't tried jumping it yet.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:54 PM

I've tried swapping a few fuses over with others from the fuse box and managed to get it started. I went home and it started again after half an hour. I went to check it after two hours and it did the same thing. I'm rally annoyed at this.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
ok, so you have a dead fuse. get it fixed
Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:12 AM

Okay update: I've replaced every fuse in the car to be sure but the one I've found is at least partially causing the problem is fuse number 4 pictured here:

I've bridged the gap where the fuse goes with a screw driver and it starts sometimes. It hasn't completely cured the problem because although the dash lights come on, the car seems to pick and choose when it cranks and the fuse dies with 3 or 4 attempts of turning the key to start. It seems to work when it's completely cold. Does anybody have any idea what might be going on? I'm completely at a loss and I need to fix it fast so I can get to work.

Thanks.