Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Idle still bouncing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idle still bouncing

A couple weeks ago I figured out my iac was going bad and my car wouldnt idle without my foot on the throttle. Thanks to all the threads on this problem I was able to narrow it down quickly. I replaced the iac with one that was good. The old ones teeth had seen better days (chewed up) and it wouldnt retract all the way. When i put the new one on the it idled really high to almost 3k. I let it sit for just a second and put it in gear and let it out on the clutch and the idle immediatly went down and with the car in neutral it bounced from 1500 to 2000. I researched this problem and found the answer of setting up the iac. I
went through the proccess and after I did the steps to set it up itidled great. Drove fine for the next couple of days. I got in it a couple days later and it started doing the same idle problem again. I went through and did the process again and it worked however after another couple days the problem came back. Is it losing memory for this somehow? Its an 03 Evo VIII. Boost leak check was done first thing and no leaks were found. Also this isnt my daily driver so it might sit for a couple days from time to time. Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:02 AM

Need some help guys. Any advice?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 04:50 PM

I don't mean to thread hijack but what did you do to "set up the idle"?