Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

fp great warranty

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i choose you Pikachu!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^lol
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kevinlubitski
I had a JB Black last 300 miles before it started sounding like a blender and it never saw over 10 or 15 psi. Sent it in and got it back in about a week.
Good to know. Fingers crossed That's what happens in my scenario. Thanx man.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A bent shaft usually results from compressor surge or inadequate bov. What bov are you running? Is it adjusted? Many people adjust them way too stiff and hurt turbos.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I hope my new bb black last a long life. Guess time will tell. In for what they do for you.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Synapse. The bigger style bullet looking one. Was told u Can't adjust them. I've Never heard of a blow off valve bending a shaft before.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What do you think the bov is there for? If it can't release enough air when the throttlebody is closed the Turbo can suddenly Stop or even reverse direction. These forces are huge. Especially on a high boost setup. I will be using a TiAL 50mm bov on my GT35R setup.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by batty200
What do you think the bov is there for? If it can't release enough air when the throttlebody is closed the Turbo can suddenly Stop or even reverse direction. These forces are huge. Especially on a high boost setup. I will be using a TiAL 50mm bov on my GT35R setup.
Ya bud I know what It does. I'm not an idiot. I just Never heard of it bending a shaft before.. My synapse is working correctly and is opening completely. I have checked it.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Never been adjusted. It isn't my bov. And there is no compressor surge taking place. A bent shaft can be the result of improper balancing. Also, like I said in my op. A bent shaft is just my uneducated geuss.

Last edited by zenoise; Mar 14, 2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
would suck to have a new turbo go **** up, but considering that you apparently followed the fp instructions, i'm wondering why you posted your story before fp has had a chance to inspect the turbo.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Doubt BOV. Have yet so see a shaft bend on a mitsu turbo from comp surge and I have heard alot of that in my day. On my EVO in Drag form I run my IX BOV backwards which surges the turbo very bad and have chopped the gas at 40+ psi spikes and the turbo is still fine. I feel the stock IX BOV is the best road course BOV you can run so that is why I do the flip if I go past 27psi for the drag strip. Only run 25psi spike on the road course.

FP should take good care of you.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
would suck to have a new turbo go **** up, but considering that you apparently followed the fp instructions, i'm wondering why you posted your story before fp has had a chance to inspect the turbo.
Well because like u said it sucks to have a brand new Turbo go **** up. And so I figured I'd ask around what others turnaround time was when dealing with a returned turbo to FP. Also FP won't receive my turbo until Tuesday. Again READ my post. My question was what others have experienced for getting there turbo back. I'm trying to get a feel on what my downtime could be. Im sure it varies but just trying to get an idea.

Why the heLL do so many guys hop on threads just to question the reason for posting it? IT'S A FORUM. Lol.

Last edited by zenoise; Mar 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lucas English
Doubt BOV. Have yet so see a shaft bend on a mitsu turbo from comp surge and I have heard alot of that in my day. On my EVO in Drag form I run my IX BOV backwards which surges the turbo very bad and have chopped the gas at 40+ psi spikes and the turbo is still fine. I feel the stock IX BOV is the best road course BOV you can run so that is why I do the flip if I go past 27psi for the drag strip. Only run 25psi spike on the road course.

FP should take good care of you.
Thanx Lucas
Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sucks man, it shouldnt have blown, they should take care of it..... They do last my jb red has almost 50 k on it on pump tune but still....personally I would run an oil change or two....once its been replaced before beatin on it.....if it went bad I can imagine that the rest of the engine may have been exposed to the higher oil temps. Id do it for piece of mind. Good luck.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:20 AM

Atleast you bought it new and have a warranty. Seeing alot of these threads makes you scared to buy these stock frame turbos used. Would suck to end up with a 1500-2000$ paper weight since you have no warranty.

Quick Reply: fp great warranty