Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

fp great warranty

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine wasn't covered under warranty.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kevinlubitski
Mine wasn't covered under warranty.
Im definitely gonna change my oil before I prime the turbo.

Last edited by zenoise; Mar 15, 2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
would suck to have a new turbo go **** up, but considering that you apparently followed the fp instructions, i'm wondering why you posted your story before fp has had a chance to inspect the turbo.
Edit: this is etiquette to call Fp first!

I had a bent shaft on my Fp.. Got it taken care if by contacting Fp

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Mar 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

I actually was reading some if ur posts from a few years ago. And u actually posted before u had info from fp as Well.
AGAIN, READ MY OP.
I'm asking what turnaround times are and so forth. I have called fp and they just said to send it in. Which I did. Obviously I'm not asking what's wrong with my Turbo because I know I'm gonna have to wait to hear back from FP. As u wrote years back it sure does suck to have saved up all that money just to have that part fail immediately. So in the mean time (downtime before fp gets it) I'm wondering what others experience has been.

JUST WONDERING OTHERS TURNAROUND TIME WITH SIMILAR PROBLEMS.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:37 AM

WOWZA that blows
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
I'd say anywhere from 2 -3 weeks but depending on work load.

Mine was reasonable, and Fp kept in touch only when needed. You're not gonna hear from them often but you will hear from them when stuff is ready to happen
Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Ok Good to know. I know people may think my post is uncalled for but when u just made 500whp and ur brand new Turbo goes u get a little antsy and start looking for answers on when u might be able to use that power. It was literally my last pull and it happened. I got to have fun on the 93 pump map while going to the gas station to get e85. And I was grinning ear to ear. But than this happened. And I didn't even get to feel what 1st and 2nd gear felt like on my e85 map. Hence me being unhappy and looking for a length of estimated downtime. I was higher than a kite one hour then in the gutter the next. Very disheartening.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Whats funny is I heard alot of issues withthe red turbos but the green and black are just fine. I guess I will be getting a black then. But the red is where i want the power range to be
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Michael at FP is good people. Im sure he will get you sorted in a timely mannor.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Ya I've been hearing tha about the red too. But they sell more reds than the other two. So it could be just a numbers thing.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Turbo arrived at FP today and they got it inspected rite away. Michael called and told me it was something with clearance in the turbo or something. Either way, He said he is gonna try and get it back to me by this Friday. It ships out tomorrow.
Their turnaround time is much faster than I expected. I will be one happy camper if I get it back by this friday. Now I am just hoping my tuner can squeeze me in after I get it re installed.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Great news mate
Old Mar 19, 2013, 08:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In the words of Arnold "It's not a tumor" the shaft was not bent.

There was an internal problem that could not have been diagnosed prior to assembly and unfortunately the customer had to find the issue. Luckily the customer did the right thing and at the first hint of trouble shut the car off and pulled the turbo. And no we don't foresee this issue occurring in any other turbos we've shipped to date this is definitely a fluke.

The turbo is cleaned and on the builders table and it's his number one priority this morning and will be shipping out today. I appreciate Luke coming back and amending this thread but remember people if you want to know what we'll do and how quick we'll do it the only people to ask is us. Everything else is speculation.

We're a phone call away and operators are standing by.

-Michael

Last edited by Michael @ FP; Mar 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Michael @ FP
In the words of Arnold "It's not a tumor" the shaft was not bent.

There was an internal problem that could not have been diagnosed prior to assembly and unfortunately the customer had to find the issue. Luckily the customer did the right thing and at the first hint of trouble shut the car off and pulled the turbo. And no we don't foresee this issue occurring in any other turbos we've shipped to date this is definitely a fluke.

The turbo is cleaned and on the builders table and it's his number one priority this morning and will be shipping out today. I appreciate Luke coming back and amending this thread but remember people if you want to know what we'll do and how quick we'll do it the only people to ask is us. Everything else is speculation.

We're a phone call away and operators are standing by.

-Michael
This is another reason why my next turbo will be an FP (hta86)
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Screw this crud i'm sticking with garett

Quick Reply: fp great warranty