Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

fp great warranty

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fp great warranty

I got everything worked out with fp and they honored their warranty. It was something to do with clearance. Want to Thank Michael at fp. Thaxnx.

Last edited by zenoise; Mar 18, 2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn... That sucks...sorry to hear this happened to you! I have heard of other FP failures but I cannot recall any happening so soon!

On a positive note, you did your part in a timely manner and hopefully FP will cordially accept your claim and replace it with a NEW unit!

Good luck getting this resolved and keep us posted!!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SilverShadow03
Damn... That sucks...sorry to hear this happened to you! I have heard of other FP failures but I cannot recall any happening so soon!

On a positive note, you did your part in a timely manner and hopefully FP will cordially accept your claim and replace it with a NEW unit!

Good luck getting this resolved and keep us posted!!
Will do. I know there's other FP fails as well. And there is gonna be because there Is ALOT of Fp turbos out there on EVOs. I just want a new turbo sent out next week. I know that sounds impatient but hey, I spent $2250 on the turbo itself and that was on sale. So i think a quick turnaround is in order. lol
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^Agreed!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:52 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All parts have a chance of failure, regardless of new or not. I think you did the appropriate thing and reached out to the manufacturer to resolve you issues. However, I think this thread is uncalled for at this state as FP hasn't received the turbo and identified the error. And you haven't given them a chance to respond. Just my opinion.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chu
All parts have a chance of failure, regardless of new or not. I think you did the appropriate thing and reached out to the manufacturer to resolve you issues. However, I think this thread is uncalled for at this state as FP hasn't received the turbo and identified the error. And you haven't given them a chance to respond. Just my opinion.
Apparently u misunderstood my question. Read it again and Maybe u will see that I was asking what people s turnaround time were, and if fp sent them a new one or not. Now I know every problem is different. But I don't think this post is to early or uncalled for.
It Never ceases to amaze me how no matter what is posted or asked on this site there's always a few guys out there that have a problem with the post. This is a forum is it not? Questioning others experience with what I am about to is not uncalled or. Your opinion of my post is what is uncalled for.

Last edited by zenoise; Mar 14, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Let me get someshing straight. I'm not complaining about fps product as u can clearly see in my op. I just want to get others take on their experience with their warranty service.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:08 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not trying to start a feud. Sure, its a forum and you're welcome to post anything you like. I don't mean to sound aggressive in my post if you're interpreting it that way. Reading you thread title, and post, I think it sounds a little misleading. Again, just my opinion. Sorry it's not helping.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:17 PM

how is it misleading? a brand new fp turbo took a ****. customer wants to know what other customers have experienced for warranty.

I thought it was very straight forward. I also have an FP Green and would like to know the answer to how this manufacturer deals with the warranty
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Lol smh.

Last edited by zenoise; Mar 14, 2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chu
I'm not trying to start a feud. Sure, its a forum and you're welcome to post anything you like. I don't mean to sound aggressive in my post if you're interpreting it that way. Reading you thread title, and post, I think it sounds a little misleading. Again, just my opinion. Sorry it's not helping.
I think your the only person who interpreted that lol.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:33 PM

Lets hope they get you a new replacement soon since spring is almost here
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

I know right.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Hey man I know your pain 100% but from my ef3 it took map a while but they got it done, I hope FP gets it in and out for yea fast, I wanna see a finished dyno sheet lol good luck buddy
Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:43 PM

I had a JB Black last 300 miles before it started sounding like a blender and it never saw over 10 or 15 psi. Sent it in and got it back in about a week.

Quick Reply: fp great warranty