Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

02 simulator ? Are they still on the market?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 simulator ? Are they still on the market?

Okay what's up guys I think this is my first post on this forum but I have a question and maybe someone can simply answer it. I have a hks downpipe Megan test pipe and greddy exhaust. I just installed my test pipe , but before I installed my tp I had a cel for my rear 02 that didn't come on untill a few weeks ago. My question is is that do you really think my 02 went bad? Like does it have to be replaced? I called Perrin and busher to see if they had 02 simulators but they were both discontinued. Is their any still on the market because I'd rather just do that then spend my money on a new 02. Btw thanks for the awesome forum! It had helped me many times over for figuring out all these little bugs that happen with my car!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here you go buddy.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ouler-how.html

If you don't want to do that. Do you have a tactrix cable? If you do you can send me the rom file and I'll disable your rear o2 sensor for you!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
No it's because you have no cat. What you need to do is get a spacer on there so the read 02 sensor sees only part of your exhaust so it still thinks the cat is working. My Evo VIII and IX have run the same metal spacer with a hole in it since 2003, no CEL's.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by hiboost2.0
Here you go buddy.

If you don't want to do that. Do you have a tactrix cable? If you do you can send me the rom file and I'll disable your rear o2 sensor for you!
This is exactly what I did, 100% works. Best Evo Mod period.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do yourself a favor and get tephra v7 and disable the rear o2 with the patch and ditch it completely.

Search on this site or even google and you will find all the steps neccessary to do this yourself.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Here you go buddy.

Hey thanks for the super quick replies, I'm use to the Honda ef forums where they don't reply for days lol.. But I will try the fouler out. I just feel like I'dk if that's ganna help because It had the cel come on a few weeks before the cat install. I don't have a tactrix cable yet but would you sugjest getting a wideband first?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

STM has the spacers for sale for like $8. Here I found it for ya.

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...engine_fix.htm
Old Apr 6, 2013, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I would just run the spacer for now. Buy the $8 spacer from STM and be done with it. If/When you get your car tuned (you really should as it's the best mod you can get done), have the rear O2 disabled.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah earlyer this week someone told me when I went wot i had black smoke coming out An also a small flame from the exhaust. What would you guys do with this issue? Get a tactrix cable? I may also be going to "boost for boobies " at MAPs shop and maybe getting my car tuned their
Old Apr 7, 2013, 09:54 AM

Thanks, might have to do this in a few weeks.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

I too will also be trying this in a few weeks. Thanks guys!
Old Apr 7, 2013, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you are to get gauges your first two should be a wideband and boost. I would highly recommend getting a tactrix cable. It's honestly one of the best purchases I've made for the car!

It's somewhat confusing to get it up and running but once you do it's great. If you do get one I also highly suggest looking into setting up something called "No Lift to Shift" it makes shifting extremely smooth, holds boost between shifts, and is a lot easier on your drivetrain. If you need any help with setting anything up, I'd be more than happy to help you out just pm me!
Old Apr 7, 2013, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

I disagree with HiBoost.

a Tatrix cable is for tuning your car.

I consider a tuning tools to be like scalpels. In the hands of a surgeon, they can cure many ailments. In the hands of someone unskilled, they can only cause damage.

No offense, but the OP is obviously new to this, and really does not know what he's doing. In fact, I think 75+% of those on car forums don't know what they are doing and are "internet geniuses". after you bandaid fix your car with the spacer, take your car to a reputable tuner, and get your car tuned well.

If you have no reputable tuner, contact one that offers mail-in tunes such as Jestr (has a banner on this site). He is a fantastic tuner, and can help you out.

For mail-in tunes, they will instruct you to get a tatrix cable, and how to upload the new tune they produce.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

also, no-lift shifts are not easier on your drivetrain. They unload the drivetrain with full load when you press the clutch, then slam a full load back to it when you drop the clutch.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

If you are to get gauges your first two should be a wideband and boost. I would highly recommend getting a tactrix cable. It's honestly one of the best purchases I've made for the car!

It's somewhat confusing to get it up and running but once you do it's great. If you do get one I also highly suggest looking into setting up something called "No Lift to Shift" it makes shifting extremely smooth, holds boost between shifts, and is a lot easier on your drivetrain. If you need any help with setting anything up, I'd be more than happy to help you out just pm me!
I will keep you in mind if I have a few questions hear and their. Thanks for the help! I will be saving up my money and going to MAP for a tune sometime in the future I just had to buy new coilovers so my funds went down{thumbdown} but also another random question I know it's probably all over the forum but at wot sometimes my at will spudder. Like a clogged injector, Iv been using only premium fuel and since it started happening I started using injector cleaner with say every other fill up. I changed my Sparkplugs not even 2 months ago. You wouldn't think I have a coil going bad do ya?

Quick Reply: 02 simulator ? Are they still on the market?