Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

can I crank my boost up 1psi without a tune?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you want to beat your friend, practice launches, practice shifts, take out any excess weight, or get NLTS(no lift to shift)
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Whatever you do don't let your fat girlfriend ride with you, and the weight savings will benefit both you and the road.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you're going to turn the boost up, don't do 1psi, do like 10psi because then your car will automatically adjust itself. It won't do that with just 1psi...
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

What he said.
10 psi yea 1psi nay.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
if you're going to turn the boost up, don't do 1psi, do like 10psi because then your car will automatically adjust itself. It won't do that with just 1psi...
This is pure genius! Every tuner on this board can completely revamp their tuning method. Nice work.

Originally Posted by Risky Guy
What he said.
10 psi yea 1psi nay.
Aren't you the guy who, just the other day, made a post asking how to install an exhaust? Your grammar was so horrible I thought you were foreign.

You two are the guys I'm coming to the next time I need some advice.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by matrho2792
Best mod for a car is a driver mod, just remember that
That is some of the best advice any racer can give to someone else

Originally Posted by evobros
i want chocolate milk now!!
Glad I can help

Originally Posted by sho669
+1

If you happen to look at your fuel and timing maps you'll see clearly what Cursedsm and hiboost2.0 are talking about.

Been going through this with a friend of mine on his VIII, he'd crank up the boost and the car would go slower, finally got tuned for the "high boost" and now he wonders why he ever messed with it before.
Yeah because the car is doing more then what the ecu is telling it to. Basically the car is kinda confused on what to really do now. Its gonna stay with what it knows so there for the extra boost isn't gonna matter. It will make it more dangerous being the fact that it says to do one thing but yet its doing another and being it may be simple car isn't gonna keep up being its not being told to.

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
It's not ideal to make changes to levels of boost without appropriate tuning, however you will see a larger variance in boost simply from the change in temps that the seasons bring.
Yeah colder air will actually force more air into the system which will be ok being the air meters are still reading the same amount of air.

Originally Posted by Joshthree6three
Pull out some weight in the car. Ie spare tire, jack, rear seats, trunk liners, passenger seat.

Easy to do
Yep exactly

Originally Posted by AdamAndEvo
Cars got a Mass airflow sensor .. So if u add more mix to your "chocolate milk" it auto adds the perfect amount of milk to keep uour drink "the bomb" wouldn't it? now i have no idea wht your knock count is so if your car hits a fuel cut then just dial it bck. Its one race you paranoid panzys. 1lbs not gonna do anything.. My advice Ditch your spare tire.
Doesn't really matter if the car has a mas air sensor or not. Your not measuring boost through it your raising boost through they system. There for what you just said just proves you know nothing about what we are talking about being your getting output not input out of the turbo.

Last edited by CurseDSM; Apr 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
That is some of the best advice any racer can give to someone else

Glad I can help

Yeah because the car is doing more then what the ecu is telling it to. Basically the car is kinda confused on what to really do now. Its gonna stay with what it knows so there for the extra boost isn't gonna matter. It will make it more dangerous being the fact that it says to do one thing but yet its doing another and being it may be simple car isn't gonna keep up being its not being told to.

Yeah colder air will actually force more air into the system which will be ok being the air meters are still reading the same amount of air.

Yep exactly

Doesn't really matter if the car has a mas air sensor or not. Your not measuring boost through it your raising boost through they system. There for what you just said just proves you know nothing about what we are talking about being your getting output not input out of the turbo.

Can this be my sig. Your dumb as a box of rocks.

Take your mass off then everyone. " it doesn't really matter". And I just found out form this troll that there is no correlation between the air that gets sucked into the turbo vs what your boost psi is.. Cool. I'm just gonna plug the intake then to help spool. Go die. This forum is useless except for its archives. Trolls own evos now
Old Apr 17, 2013, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
This should be common sense 1 psi can make the difference of going faster or blowing a motor if your tuner set it to 22psi then its tuned for that amount due to lack of mods or to be a conservative tune
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:26 PM
EvoM Guru

[/B]

Can this be my sig. Your dumb as a box of rocks.

Take your mass off then everyone. " it doesn't really matter". And I just found out form this troll that there is no correlation between the air that gets sucked into the turbo vs what your boost psi is.. Cool. I'm just gonna plug the intake then to help spool. Go die. This forum is useless except for its archives. Trolls own evos now
If you do not like what I or any others have to say then your free to cancel your membership and do us all a favor. If you had any clue about how anything works you would understand exactly what I said.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

If you have your car tuned to a certain psi, changing 1 psi will matter. Think of it this way. Imagine your making this perfect glass of chocolate milk. You add 2 scoops to 1 glass of milk. That is the bomb right, what happens if you add 3 scoops of mix to the glass of milk? Exactly its gonna be more chocolateity. Now use the same analogy with your car. Your afr is told to be set at say 11.5:1 and you decide to go up 1 psi. With that said your afr will change being your forcing more air without changing the gas mixture.
Came in to help, now i just want some f**king chocolate milk
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

If you do not like what I or any others have to say then your free to cancel your membership and do us all a favor. If you had any clue about how anything works you would understand exactly what I said.
Get your activity up to 50% anyway u can bud... Thank god for the archives
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and your completely wrong. The MAF does not measure boosted air. Please understand how the fuel injection system on these cars works in correlation to boost and ecu parameters before you go telling someone their dumb as a box of rocks

If you had any idea on how tuning these cars works, you would know what you just said has made everyone who has come across this thead lose a few braincells
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having me a glass of chocolate milk right now, couldn't take it anymore.

AdamAndEvo, have you ever done any tuning before? If you have seen what the maps look like and understood what they meant it might change your point of view.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 07:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
Came in to help, now i just want some f**king chocolate milk
I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm a softy for chocolate milk

Then with that said you better go back to them to understand how boost control actually works.

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
Oh and your completely wrong. The MAF does not measure boosted air. Please understand how the fuel injection system on these cars works in correlation to boost and ecu parameters before you go telling someone their dumb as a box of rocks

If you had any idea on how tuning these cars works, you would know what you just said has made everyone who has come across this thead lose a few braincells
Maybe if he goes back to the archives he will understand it more?

Originally Posted by sho669
Having me a glass of chocolate milk right now, couldn't take it anymore.

AdamAndEvo, have you ever done any tuning before? If you have seen what the maps look like and understood what they meant it might change your point of view.
Obviously hes a noob to understanding how things work if he thinks the intake pipe helps with controlling boost . If he knew how things work he would know that the turbo is gonna spin at certain rpms regardless, sure you can make turbo spool faster or slower, or that a mbc or ebc is basically just a valve to control the amount of pressure is being made between the wg pressure and the cylinder pressure to help with the af ratio. Maybe there is something in the archives about how it all actually works? But again who am I? I'm just here to pad my stats

Last edited by CurseDSM; Apr 17, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

lol

Quick Reply: can I crank my boost up 1psi without a tune?