Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

can I crank my boost up 1psi without a tune?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cursedsm, please dont go die as it as been suggested in this thread multiple times

Also, make up some more food analogies, im hungry!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

What if you have a tornado added to your intake? You have some explaining to do...

http://tornadoair.com/
Old Apr 18, 2013, 01:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamAndEvo
I'm done responding
Yeah that lasted all to long and regardless of what you think you know your wrong. And what about Johnbradley removing for a 4 inch intake yadda yadda I know why he does it, cause the turbo can handle it same reason everyone who runs speed density does it. unless it has a 4 inch cover its really not gonna matter being the turbo is still spinning and generating the same amount of airflow. If it doesn't have a 4 inch s cover all your doin is tring to get he thing to spool faster by adding more air to the mix to the intake side of the turbo. And to top it off unless your air intake is tapered rather then a full 4 inch cut down with a 3 inch or anything else coupler wise your not getting the same affect. Now go back in the archives and find that one because I know that's in there.

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
What if you have a tornado added to your intake? You have some explaining to do...

http://tornadoair.com/
Maybe its in the archives cause trolls like me can't answer that question.

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
Cursedsm, please dont go die as it as been suggested in this thread multiple times

Also, make up some more food analogies, im hungry!
Ya know lives like a pizza, there are days its sooooo good and satisfying and other days it blows and gives you heart burn. Hows that one?

Last edited by CurseDSM; Apr 18, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your wrong on so many counts I really couldn't even tell u where to start.
WHAT HAPPENS TO AIR PRESSURE AS YOU CHANGE ALTITUDE?

As you go up, air pressure goes down, because the higher you go, the less air there is pressing down on you from above.

If you were to stand at sea level, at an altitude of 0 meters (0 feet), the air pressure would be 1 kilogram per square centimeter (14.7 pounds per square inch). If you were to move to Denver, Colorado, at an altitude of about 1,610 meters (5,280 feet), the air pressure would be 0.85 kilograms per square centimeter (12 pounds per square inch). And if you were to go to the top of Mt. Everest, at an altitude of about 8,848 meters (29,028 feet), the air pressure would only be 0.3 kilograms per square centimeter (4.5 pounds per square inch).

If his car leans out it will knock. If it knocks the ecu will retard the timing.

If u take off the mass the car goes into retard mode and drives terrible..

If you tune for SD with a MAP sensor then I would be a problem since those are fixed values.

Please explain to my johnBradley loves to remove the MAF and put a 4inch intake on? So the **** can suck my air with out restriction.
M

Funny how you this is the only thing u didn't quote. Own up to being a troll. Whoops I left my page open blah blah blah. That's not how it works.. It goes by your posts. Which as you can tell are never ending child's garble.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny how we have trolls in a troll thread talking about trolling...this has been a masterpiece.

My question looks like it was skipped as well, figured it would since it wasn't troll worthy.

Continue on people, I'm out to get some pizza!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

MAF - if you dont know this one its a volume sensor. Thats it. Ours have IAT and a baro comp to make it more accurate but it simply measures volume entering the engine. If there are boost leaks its inaccurate, doesnt like VTA (letting metered air leave without pulling fuel), all the stuff we know.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sho669
Funny how we have trolls in a troll thread talking about trolling...this has been a masterpiece.

My question looks like it was skipped as well, figured it would since it wasn't troll worthy.

Continue on people, I'm out to get some pizza!
LOL, you guys are ridiculous. I'm up for some entertainment though.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Funny how you this is the only thing u didn't quote. Own up to being a troll. Whoops I left my page open blah blah blah. That's not how it works.. It goes by your posts. Which as you can tell are never ending child's garble.
Ya know this is getting funny how rilled up you get tring to be right. What cracks me up is you call me a troll when your time on here went from next to nothing to 30%. talk about troll. On top of that you still haven't proven anything to anyone about what your talking about. This isn't about altitude, this isn't about how much air goes into the maf, in fact its still not about who is right or wrong. So with that said your being a ****ing child on a adult forum contradicting your self left and right to prove what? I don't care about being on Mt Everest, I don't care about how altitude changes the way the car runs your not telling me anything I don't already know. Your still missing the fact how the damn tune works. Stuffing more air into a turbo regardless of what size intake you use, maf or sd isn't gonna matter when your talking about turning up the boost on an already tuned map. When you figure all this out come talk to us. Your down right ignorant and being stupid. Not only have I held back on how I really feel about this subject, but theres no point in argueing with you cause flat out, you still don't get the original point. So talk all the **** you want no one really gives a **** what you say cause YOU DONT UNDERSTAND TUNING.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Then why do you keep arguing and debating those things. With a MAF YOUR CAR CAN HANDLE +/- a few psi. Period. The car will self retard due to knock if he posts to much. I keep saying this and you just keep posting random bits of nonsense. You don't even understand atmospheric pressure booooost on brother. I'm sorry for making this thread soloing please just close it.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can turn it up by 1 psi but you will have to log and then tune. And even then you will have to ease into it and not slam the car by launching and all kinds of stuff. Start out cruising and then gradually move to sprinting. Watch that knock though.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Then why do you keep arguing and debating those things. With a MAF YOUR CAR CAN HANDLE +/- a few psi. Period. The car will self retard due to knock if he posts to much. I keep saying this and you just keep posting random bits of nonsense. You don't even understand atmospheric pressure booooost on brother. I'm sorry for making this thread soloing please just close it.
Lets get this straight I'm not the one arguing anything, your the one calling me names, continuing to argue everything I say, telling me idk wtf I'm talking about when nothing you have said really helps this dude. Your on this kick about whatever with the maf when it has nothing to do with raising the boost. I am not saying the maf will or will not do that. Even a map sensor will or will not do anything. I am stating if your car is tuned to a certain psi, with x amount of timing that doing anything after that you take a chance of hurting things. That is what this is all about. And how that got into maf or map and altitude and what nots is beyond me.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by superkizuna
You can turn it up by 1 psi but you will have to log and then tune. And even then you will have to ease into it and not slam the car by launching and all kinds of stuff. Start out cruising and then gradually move to sprinting. Watch that knock though.
Honestly this is prob the post that makes the most since out of all the nonsince that has been posted for 3 pages.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
idk, curedsm is actually pretty cool and knows his sh*t.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Cursedsm,
Okay but do you know how much air your MAF is measuring on a rainy day, 2,200ft above sea level with a 20mph northwest wind at approximately 63 degree temperature if your driving south at 57mph downhill and have 2 fat chicks in the car with you also

Didnt think so troll
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know, but I remember a certain tuner, telling me to add some higher octane fuel and crank up the boost at the drag strip.

Quick Reply: can I crank my boost up 1psi without a tune?