Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Clutch issues or something else?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 03:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch issues or something else?

So I've had this evo 8 for about 2 weeks. As far as I can tell it MIGHT have an aftermarket clutch. Clutch pedal is pretty hard to push down compared to stock(only driven one other evo 8 besides mines over a year ago.) But heres the issue, when Im in first gear with the clutch pedal pressed all the way down. And if I red line it to 7k, the car starts to roll a little.
This is while im on flat ground. I already bled the clutch and the clutch itself catches pretty high. I was going to adjust the clutch master hight but theres only about and inch and a half left from the top. Wondering what could it be? Clutch fork maybe?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
if its dragging like that, 99% sure you need to adjust the clutch under the dash.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sadc
So I've had this evo 8 for about 2 weeks. As far as I can tell it MIGHT have an aftermarket clutch. Clutch pedal is pretty hard to push down compared to stock(only driven one other evo 8 besides mines over a year ago.) But heres the issue, when Im in first gear with the clutch pedal pressed all the way down. And if I red line it to 7k, the car starts to roll a little.
This is while im on flat ground. I already bled the clutch and the clutch itself catches pretty high. I was going to adjust the clutch master hight but theres only about and inch and a half left from the top. Wondering what could it be? Clutch fork maybe?

http://www.evomoto.com/tech_articles..._article_id=28
Old Apr 20, 2013, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The clutch is not fully engaged,adjust it under the kick panel and keep testing until you find the sweet spot and evo clutch pedal usually engages high if you try to go lower you will have clutch chatter during engagement.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by studioface
The clutch is not fully engaged,adjust it under the kick panel and keep testing until you find the sweet spot and evo clutch pedal usually engages high if you try to go lower you will have clutch chatter during engagement.
Speaking of chatter. That's what's it doing now. I guess I gotta move it all the way back
Old Apr 20, 2013, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes you have to its just the way the car was design.The clutch normally engages high so take it all the way out and take your time fine tuning it down to where it perfect for your liking.