Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

my plan fell through... now what to do?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you don't really need that mr2 just pass on it. I would just put the money in savings and call it a day. Last thing you wanna do is pay too much for that mr2 then a few weeks later regret it.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Buy a BT20V 6 speed swapped AW MR2, use the spare cash to turbo it. Lower level evo power in a frame that's less than 900kg. *****in'.

AW > SW
Old Apr 20, 2013, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well i think im going to use some of the money to pay my girls debt off, and use the other 4k to start paying back on the loan and re establish my credit for the second time. After thinking about it thhe mr2 wasnt as fun as i anticipated. After buying my evo 5 yrs ago, car buying will probably never be the same. I may even use some of the money to finally buy her the ring she has been bugging me about and save some of it for maybe a vacation. The evo will have to wait a little longer before i tear into the engine or until the turbo finally blows. I thought it wouldnt last long on 30psi but its still going after 15k miles of abuse.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I am not going to get into the MR2 debate as I have owned 5, and still own 2... They are an amazingly fun car.

Here's what you want to do to re-establish your credit.

Sign up for the free app called Credit Karma. It will monitor your credit reports, and give you bi-monthly updates of your credit. It will also tell you what you are currently doing that is positive or negative on your credit.

First, the goal here is to get maximum return for your investment... and right now, with your personal loan, you are getting screwed by a huge burly guy with no lube....

Pay off your high interest debt (credit cards and the like), then ask the loan company if you can pay 4K towards the principle (that is key.. don't let them take the payment towards future monthly payments as you will still be paying that high interest on the principle) and lower your monthly payment. This way the loan will show a $6K loan, and you will have 12 months of payment history on the account without paying so much towards interest. If they will not do that, still pay the 4K towards the loan and pay off the loan early. (this will show a low utilization of the credit and a low balance... both good)

(BTW, if it's a $6K loan on 12 month term and you're paying back $7300, you're paying 21 2/3% interest.... which is robbery) Even if it's a 2 year loan, you're still paying 20% interest, which again is robbery!!!

Go to a few department stores (if you have little/no credit they will issue you a card), and open up their revolving credit cards... each month, buy $100 worth of product (DO NOT MAX OUT THE CARDS!!!!! Use only 30% of your available credit at most) Then pay off the cards each month. This will show that you are utilizing the credit, but you are not paying intrest. You do not want to show a high utilization of credit, as this reflects poorly on the new credit report.

Whatever you do... GET OUT OF THAT PERSONAL LOAN!!! If you are paying back 7300 on a 6K short term loan, you are getting screwed.... HARD!
Old Apr 21, 2013, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

I personally would look elsewhere for financial advise. EVOM really?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 05:47 PM

I've had several MR2s and they are damn fun. But $6K is a bit steep for a 91 with that mileage. I'd pay that for a gen 3 91/2 or a 93+ turbo. There are some good deals on mr2s but hard to find. If it's on the ct 26 it's not fun at all. Upgrading to a 20b or a ct27 + (mbc, 3"turbo back, Ic + piping and 17psi) makes it for a much funner driver. I had a 20b set up mr2 that surprised lots of people and with a good tire the mr2 hooks good

Don't buy a mr2 just because you need to spend money on something that's dumb IMO