Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Where can a guy get a decent 3rd gear pull around here?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superkizuna
I don't need to pay for a tune. That's why I'm trying to do some pulls. I would do dyno but 75 is the shop price? I wonder what the regular rate is. People try to get u for money here. Moore wanted 500 for cams GCS in md. Quoted 300. There was a local shop that wantwd 1300 for just cams. I got my mech to do it for 250 and he threw in oil change plus boost leak test.

I learned to tune so I wouldn't get robbed. I wish I could do more mechanical work but that's life. Thing is I understand the work mechs do and can't help but eyeball them prices.
Dude I wasn't trying to steer you in any one direction. Let me be clear, I could care less how or where you spend your money! I wish I could tune my car but for now I lack that expertise. If you really want to do some pulls than head away from the city and find the roads less traveled. Less cops in the more country parts of Va and Md and there's bound to be some good straights somewhere.
Old May 1, 2013, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice strip on a DYNO and you don't have to worry about police or killing someone if the tune goes bad.
Old May 2, 2013, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CDHoff
Dude I wasn't trying to steer you in any one direction. Let me be clear, I could care less how or where you spend your money! I wish I could tune my car but for now I lack that expertise. If you really want to do some pulls than head away from the city and find the roads less traveled. Less cops in the more country parts of Va and Md and there's bound to be some good straights somewhere.

That sounds good too. Believe it or not I didn't even think about that. Stafford maybe?
Old May 2, 2013, 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Nice strip on a DYNO and you don't have to worry about police or killing someone if the tune goes bad.

Dyno would be sooo nice but how do the charges work? I need to look that up. Ideally, I want to tune it up myself with evoscan and then once I think I am making max power I'd hit the dyno for a 3 run clinical tuning session.
Old May 2, 2013, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Roosevelt bridge headed into district? I do "pulls" there all the time, not sure what gear.
Old May 2, 2013, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=superkizuna;10788471]That sounds good too. Believe it or not I didn't even think about that. Stafford maybe?[/

I'm sure there are some roads in that area worth checking out. I had some fun with my evo on the way out to lake Anna last year! Lots of twisties and straights but that's a little far from you. The best thing to do would be to find a few good places that you could drive almost like a lap. Go from one to the next and do your pull and get out. That way your not attracting too much attention in the same spot by doing pull after pull. I guess we need to find at least one first though