Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Annoying Seatbelt Noise

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superbovine
Just use a buckle from an old seat belt. Any junkyard will have them (and happy to sell them as most seatbelts are destroyed in accidents and otherwise unsellable), you may find them at your local mechanic too.
I cut buckles off belts every time I have to deploy a belt to dispose of it, then keep them around in case customers complain about the chime as an "off road only" alternative, wink/nudge.
Bump. This is the common sense route. Respect.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:55 PM

today I rolled through taco bell in sport mode. kept it in gear when I took off my seat belt. And to my surprise, no noise. so taco bell must have something to do with it.

I'm going to keep trying fast food places and compile a list of which ones my car makes noise in.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ClockwerkOrange
today I rolled through taco bell in sport mode. kept it in gear when I took off my seat belt. And to my surprise, no noise. so taco bell must have something to do with it.

I'm going to keep trying fast food places and compile a list of which ones my car makes noise in.
Seems legit
Old Jul 9, 2013, 04:05 AM

So if you are COMPLETELY stopped at the drive-through, then remove the seatbelt, it won't beep. but if you are moving even a little, it will beep. even after you stop. even after you put it in park. it's embarrassing and stupid. I park in a garage at work and I never have my payment in-hand anymore when I roll up because I stop all the way first before I even take my seatbelt anymore.

I really don't want to cut the seatbelt wire (doesn't that change the mode of the airbag?). any other solutions yet?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by thepoint4life23
I saw someone that had fake clip that went in to the belt so it things the belt is clipped in when it is not but not sure where they got them from
^^^ ebay. my roommate had some and they were like $15 shipped or something like that.

Last edited by VWJETTY; Jul 9, 2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 04:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

u just found your way into my signature
Old Jul 9, 2013, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
So if you are COMPLETELY stopped at the drive-through, then remove the seatbelt, it won't beep. but if you are moving even a little, it will beep. even after you stop. even after you put it in park. it's embarrassing and stupid. I park in a garage at work and I never have my payment in-hand anymore when I roll up because I stop all the way first before I even take my seatbelt anymore.

I really don't want to cut the seatbelt wire (doesn't that change the mode of the airbag?). any other solutions yet?

Already posted. That or stop complaining about something as inane as a chime for a few seconds while you grab your wallet lol.

Also you can't cut the wire, it has a redundant switch with resistance check.