Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

TAKING DEPOSITS ON EVO VIIIs IN DFW, TX.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2002 | 03:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any dealership that tries to put markup over MSRP can go screw themselves
They are already making a ****load at MSRP and still want to further gorge the customer.

I wish that we can all just buy cars direct from manufacturers like everything else on the internet, without middlemen dealerships, the cost of cars will be lower
You can just take the car to any shop for warranty repairs and manufacturer should be able to cover it just the same. makes it easy for everyone and no need for scumbag dealers
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 03:21 AM
Evolved Member

You say that this car will be featured in the Fast and the Furious 2 like it's a good thing... all we need are yet more people who can't drive driving super cars because it's "the in thing." Much less people who would think that the type of street racing that is featured in those movies is "cool."

Anyway, it'll be nothing more than an expensive Lancer Cedia Turbo.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 03:39 AM
Evolved Member

The idea of owning a EVO is really starting to bother me...

Overpriced.......Going to be featured in a Movie....Not much hp difference from a WRX (wrx can easily be pushed past a 227hp) and well over 250.

I think i'd rather get a WRX (i know ive said this already but the WRX is looking more appealing as i keep reading all this)
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

Man, that's just the beginning...

No Brembos... no computer controlled drivetrain... no AYC... nothing. Not even a shadow of the EVO.

If anyone says I'm just being jealous, I'd be jealous of the REAL EVO for 30K, not this imposter that will be over 8K more than the WRX for almost the same thing.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 04:03 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by V8killerturbo4
As far as I am concerned, I believe we have the best source of information coming to us from this Dealership considering the owner is part of the design team that built the EVO VIII.
So you are saying that he works for Ralliart Japan?

Old Jul 29, 2002 | 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Hey, sounds great to me, 280 HP and some props in FAF2. I'll just wait and see what happens when it coms out.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 04:46 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know wrx pretty well and i can say go with the evo. If you change down pipe on the wrx you get check engine like code 420 emission constanly going on. Also the wrx loves to pull timing which you will only notice on the drag strip or with computer snaped on.

Wrx loaded with 17inch wheels tires, armrest, body trim, spoiler, guage, and factory stero upgrade will cost 28k. Just add it up. And it doesn't have variable valve like in japan 8k red line. The evo on the other hand has stronger drivetrain and brembo's , recarios, need i say more? Maybe when the sti comes out the prices will be better.

I agree dealer markup sucks. I'm paying 500 over. It's just principal but, i wanted it bad enough to pay the extra money. As of now i haven't encounted a professional mitsu dealership yet. It's just from personal experience that the dealership's i've encountered were low class money grubbing people.

I'm not saying all dealerships are like this but, that's from my personal experience.

Are you certain that the evo will have 280hp?
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 06:44 AM

Anyone that pays a cent over MSRP is retarded and just raising the price for the rest of us. Any dealer that wants to mark up a pre-order doesn't deserve anyones business. A pre-order is a guaranteed sale on a car that the dealer has to do absolutly no work to sale. No advertising, no sitting on the lot, no nothing. When pre-ordering a car, the dealer should be talking $$$ over invoice, not MSRP. There are Subaru dealers taking pre-orders on STi's for $500-$1500 over invoice!!!
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

I've heard nothing about STi
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 06:56 AM

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/phpBB2/index.php
for STi info
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 07:03 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't put the new evo in TFATF2 man NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damn why does it have to happen!!!

Last edited by Trancespired; Jul 29, 2002 at 07:06 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 08:37 AM

I DON'T CARE WHAT EVERYBODY SAYS. YOUR DEPOSITE ISN'T WORTH DIDLEY SQUAT UNTIL ANY OFFICIAL INFO IS RELEASED ON THE EVO. WELL AT LEAST MY DEALER IS BEING A REALIST ABOUT IT AND WAITING FOR AN OFFICIAL WORD BEFORE HE EVEN TAKES ANY DEPOSITES.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ksource
I DON'T CARE WHAT EVERYBODY SAYS. YOUR DEPOSITE ISN'T WORTH DIDLEY SQUAT UNTIL ANY OFFICIAL INFO IS RELEASED ON THE EVO. WELL AT LEAST MY DEALER IS BEING A REALIST ABOUT IT AND WAITING FOR AN OFFICIAL WORD BEFORE HE EVEN TAKES ANY DEPOSITES.
Legal documents are binding my friend....believe it.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 09:49 AM

Let's see:

37K + shipping for a REAL Evolution VII directly from Ralli Art, through Evolution Imports (280HP, Recaros, ACD, AYC, Brembos, 4WD)
or
37K or even more for an "Evolution VII/VIII" (a.k.a Lancer Cedia Turbo; 250HP, Evo shell, no Brembos/Recaros, non-Ralliart suspension, no ACD/AYC, AWD/4WD) from your local dealer, who will tell you it's an "Evolution VII/VIII" and mark the price up as he chooses.

Let's be honest here...what would you do? You guys don't even have concrete info and your telling buyers that it will have 432,554HP and be able to walk your dog, while washing the dishes. Can we stop with this? I can't beleive how much crap is put out to the public that is totally made up. When they find out that you've lied to them, you can kiss them goodbye. Fact is you are about as informed as we are. Stop saying things like there true, unless you can truly stand by what you say with NO margin of error.

EVII

Last edited by Evolution Se7en; Jan 20, 2003 at 08:58 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Evolution Se7en,
We ARE getting the Evo. I was told by a high up Mitsubishi exec. that is in charge of releasing info that we will get the Evo VIII in a "world debut" Jan '03. Our Evo is planned to be comparable and remain intact from the J-spec Euro versions that will be offered. I'm pretty sure hp will be over 260...280+ is likely and will have a 6-speed. I was also told they are going to try and set base price at 28,600. The only question is will the Brembos, Recaros, etc. be put into an option package. Price is the biggest question right now though....I'm guessing is smart enough to price it where it would be successful 28-34k.

Actually here is part of the email sent to me from the exec.:
"
This is a "worldwide" launch, so MMSA is not in the position to announce in advance, unless it is strictly embargoed until January.
We hope to be able to provide some information in late fall or early winter (how's that for vague?) - again, with an embargo -- date still tbd."

Quick Reply: TAKING DEPOSITS ON EVO VIIIs IN DFW, TX.